Home U.S. Coin Forum

When was the last time a previously unknown large stash of pre 1934 MS coins surfaced and hit the ma

SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
You know the type of event.

One where word of the discovery hits the hobby grapevine and spreads like wildfire, fueled by the prospect of a large number of high value "fresh" coins hitting the market.

A dealers and deep pocketed collectors getting into a frothy frenzy of anticipation type of situation.

Details please.

Comments

• joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $20 saints.
    You'll see the prices dropping over the next couple of months...
    may the fonz be with you...always...
  • ObiwancanoliObiwancanoli Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭
    I have a hoard of...

wait a minute...

That's my retirement plan... nevermind. image
    UBERCOINER

A Truth That's Told With Bad Intent
    Beats All The Lies You Can Invent
  • GreeniejrGreeniejr Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭
    2 things that come to mind. One was the McClaren collection/ hoard from last year. Another is the Olathe Hoard of silver dollars which was 25 BU bags of Morgans.
  • CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

I seem to recall a large hoard of 1911-S $5 Indians being discovered a few years ago...
  • I have about 20 to 25 rolls of 1977 cents in bank wrapped rolls that I have had in a cigar box since 1977. When they hit the market the value of '77-P cents will plummet.

Ron

Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.
  • ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Discovery and 'conservation' of shipwreck SS Central America's gold, chiefly early San Francisco mint double eagles.. Guessing it was around 1996.
    "Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember a recent thread about someone on eBay selling a large number of MS 1909-S VDB Lincolns...
    You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭
    Didn't the Omaha Bank hoard have rolls from 1932?
    Ed
  • BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

<< <i>$20 saints.
    You'll see the prices dropping over the next couple of months... >>

Any More info?

---------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • TevaTeva Posts: 830
    I saw about 2,000 fresh morgans trade hands
    about a month ago. Is that a hoard?
    Give the laziest man the toughest job and he will find the easiest way to get it done.
  • pennyanniepennyannie Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭
    The coins are not pre 1934's but i have heard that a bunch of 1964 peace dollars have been sold recently with all types of finishes.image
    Mark
    NGC registry V-Nickel proof #6!!!!
    working on proof shield nickels # 8 with a bullet!!!!

RIP "BEAR"
  • truthtellertruthteller Posts: 1,240 ✭✭

<< <i>You know the type of event.

One where word of the discovery hits the hobby grapevine and spreads like wildfire, fueled by the prospect of a large number of high value "fresh" coins hitting the market.

A dealers and deep pocketed collectors getting into a frothy frenzy of anticipation type of situation.

Details please. >>

Chinese made or American made? Please specify.

TRUTH

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file