Home U.S. Coin Forum

Error experts:what do you think the value is?

I have been trying to sell this indian and must have it priced to high, just not sure what a fair price value is? 100, 150, 200, 250,300,350 ect ect. any and all input appreciated, thanks in advance

Comments

• ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pricing error coins is somewhat of an art as there are no real guidelines and most errors are one-of-a-kind.

The "green?" spot takes down the value of this coin. My guess is in the $150 - $200 Range.
  • seanqseanq Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Pricing error coins is somewhat of an art as there are no real guidelines and most errors are one-of-a-kind.

The "green?" spot takes down the value of this coin. My guess is in the $150 - $200 Range. >>

I'm with him, maybe a little higher depending on how bad the corrosion looks in person. Without the damage you could easily double that.

In fact, I almost hesitate to say this, but that coin could be a candidate for NCS, as long as they focus on the spot and don't kill the luster.

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • RampageRampage Posts: 9,436 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the 150 to 200 range. Maybe give it an acetone soak to see if that spot will come off. There will be pitting in that area, but probably not that bad to the naked eye. And, the green would be gone. Looks like a nice AU-ish coin.

• the green spots/corrosion are not as bad as the picture makes them look , might try acetone , but I have always been afraid of dipping /acetone/cleaning, the last time I did any treating to a coin was 30+ years ago, turned a 1869 VF indian into a pitted ugly VG indian i swear what ever i was using took off some of the liberty. LOL.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acetone will not attack the metal. Cheers, RickO
  • llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    Be careful with acetone... I learned the hard way that it takes off pink finernail polish! image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Be careful with acetone... I learned the hard way that it takes off pink finernail polish! image >>

What if hes wearing blueimage Nail polish has acetone in it.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Be careful with acetone... I learned the hard way that it takes off pink finernail polish! image >>

What if hes wearing blueimage Nail polish has acetone in it. >>

so does many nail polish removers.

the point is to not get the pink polish on your coins.

I'd submit it to NCS.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

What if hes wearing blueimage Nail polish has acetone in it. >>

so does many nail polish removers.

the point is to not get the pink polish on your coins.

I'd submit it to NCS. >>

Cool coin......I agree, send it to NCS.
    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would lower the price and sell it as is.If you send it to NCS it may not
    come back marketable.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file