Home U.S. Coin Forum

Nice clip on a 2c

Picked this up tonight: link

I dont pay a tremendous amount of attention to errors, but this is the biggest clip on a 2c I can recall.

Comments

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks legit, and as you say pretty large for a two center.
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • seanqseanq Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was watching that one and I'm reasonably sure it's legit also. I've seen one or two with clips around that side, but none any larger. A good friend actually has an 1864 Small Motto up on eBay right now with a nice clip if you decide you want to attempt a set. image

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I may be the only one that has not seen a two cent planchet clip before... Interesting... Cheers, RickO
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,137 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i never seen one of them like that before. cool ( i think )
  • gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice p/up and a good price.
  • JustMe2JustMe2 Posts: 180 ✭✭
    Looks like you did not get your two cents worth on that one...
  • relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's amazing that a coin with that prominent of an error would circulate long enough to wear down to that level. You would think someone would've plucked from circulation early on just from the curiosity of it.

JJ
    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool 2-cent clip.
  • mbbikermbbiker Posts: 2,873
    Thats a really neat 2c clip. Makes me wonder if a simple type set would be possible all with all coins having a decent sized clip.

<< <i>Thats a really neat 2c clip. Makes me wonder if a simple type set would be possible all with all coins having a decent sized clip. >>

That's just crazy talk. image

Sean Reynolds

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
    Hey Sean........could I interest you in a Stella with a clip???????

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's pretty impressive.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

<< <i>Hey Sean........could I interest you in a Stella with a clip???????

image >>

You couldn't so much "interest me in" as you could "torture me with" a clipped Stella. Either way I'd have to pass as I don't have a hole for it in my Dansco 7070 type album. image

Sean Reynolds

Hey, if I ever find one, you'll be the first to know.
    Then Ripley!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file