Home U.S. Coin Forum

free auction snipers ..any good?

bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭
Looking for a sniper service..ran across some offering free sniping .. anyone have a good , reliable experience with free snipers ?

Comments

• Are you willing to give some website your ebay username and password?
  • llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    If you're married, get a divorce and you'll have all the free time you'll need to place your own bids! image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • BaronVonBaughBaronVonBaugh Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭✭
    I use gixen.

The only time the bid has not gone through is when the item has been bid up past my snipe.
  • Not making any guarantees regarding reliability, but I've used JBidwatcher with no issues. You download it and it runs on your computer- you don't need to give some website your eBay info.
  • sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    I use www.auctionstealer.com

they will give you 3 free snipes a week, but at 15 seconds I think

it used to be 15 seconds was a long time with dial-ups and older eBay software

now people can manually up their bid 3 or 4 times in the last 15 seconds

they have unlimited usage for $10/month and you can cut time down to 3 seconds for snipe
    1 good snipe pays that in a month
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I snipe manually.... more fun... and never lost an item I was seeking. Cheers, RickO
  • drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I snipe manually.... more fun... and never lost an item I was seeking. Cheers, RickO >>

What you said....me too.
  • ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Technically not free, but you get three free snipes when joining or as a gift for a referral of a new client.
    www.auctionsniper.com has NEVER let me down.
  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,488 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you use Mozilla Firefox, use Myibay as a Firefox Add-On. It's free, it will build in a snipe button on every auction you view, and it can be customized to bid at a time of your choice. Link to the Firefox Add-On
  • I use Gavelsnipe and have had no problems with it. You can also snipe Heritage auction items with it. It is free.
    Gary
  • bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If you're married, get a divorce and you'll have all the free time you'll need to place your own bids! image >>

LOL..thanks
  • Auction Sentry Deluxe. It is not free, but I think it is only $10.00 a year. I have had it for a couple years now and am very happy with it.

Edited to ad a link to it - it does have a 10 day free trial and is under 10 bucks a year.

Link
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I use gixen.

The only time the bid has not gone through is when the item has been bid up past my snipe. >>

I used them for years too.
    Becky
  • WDHWDH Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    I use Just Snipe. Five free snipes a week.
  • seanqseanq Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Technically not free, but you get three free snipes when joining or as a gift for a referral of a new client.
    www.auctionsniper.com has NEVER let me down. >>

image It's not free, but it's not expensive either, and it has never failed me once.

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file