Home U.S. Coin Forum

Got my first $1000+ coin today!

2»

Comments

• dsessomdsessom Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So If youve pulled this baby in...you must be pretty close to completing the series? Whats left? the s and D? >>

Actually, I'm only at 50% complete. The link to the set is in my sig line. Im shooting for all AU58's but sometimes have to get other grades for fillers til that coveted 58 shows it's face. image
    Dwayne Sessom
  • TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations! It's all down hill from here.

Tom

• veryfineveryfine Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    Great example of my favorite Liberty nickel date!
  • Congrats on breaking the $1k barrier! That's a pretty major landmark, one that changes how you thing of your collection.

My first was an MS65 Saint in 2008, for $1500, which has since gone up a bit and remains my most valuable coin. Since then, I've skirted the $2000 mark a few times, but I have yet to go higher. That could change this weekend if a local coin show has a 1911-D quarter eagle in the right range and buyers willing to take my trade stack.
    Improperly Cleaned, Our passion for numismatics is Genuine! Now featuring correct spelling.
  • crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, congratulations in in order here, I have got to say this is one very nice looking coin for the grade, I'm sure your very happy with this piece, and rightfully so.imageimage
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • well on and it is a great coin. I for one wish I didn't have tastes for 1000$ coins
  • TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on getting a great looking coin that you will likely make money on if you ever sell it.I have yet to break that 1K barrier,but am at the point where I will have to if I want to finish my Trade $ set or my CBH set.I have a couple coins that are worth a little more than that,but I did not pay that for them.image
    Trade $'s
    The coin arrived yesterday, and I reimaged it to appear much closer to what it looks like in hand. The original images, I believe may have been scans. While the detail was all there, it looked lifeless with zero luster, no depth. So here are the new images. I believe it's about 10 point undergraded, and would surely CAC. What do you all think?

Dwayne Sessom
  • drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>So If youve pulled this baby in...you must be pretty close to completing the series? Whats left? the s and D? >>

Actually, I'm only at 50% complete. The link to the set is in my sig line. Im shooting for all AU58's but sometimes have to get other grades for fillers til that coveted 58 shows it's face. image >>

Beautiful images--wish I could do them as nice. Oh, I have a feeling you'll break the $2,000 barrier picking up the AU58 1913 for your V set! image
  • drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭
    Here's my XF45-- Not much nicer...
  • PonyExpress8PonyExpress8 Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭
    Dwayne,

Congratulations on acquiring a nice high end key date coin. It is very attractive and super solid in all aspects for the grade. And if there was any doubt about buying the coin not the holder your comparative example says it all.

Great job.
    The End of the Line in the West.

Website-Americana Rare Coin Inc
  • We all must make that plunge at some time or the other. Now that's it's behind you the sky is the limit. It becomes easier and easier to spend the bucks on a coin. Yet when I go in the grocery store I will only buy Blue Bell ice cream when it is on sale, usually buy one get one free. Blue Bell is my one food weakness in the entire world but I worry about the price. Coins now are a different matter.

Ron
    Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.
  • lavalava Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭
    Nice coin, and better luster than the scan would indicate.

It seems we all followed the same path, going from a budget of movies tickets, to $300, to $500, to $1,000. Next up, $10,000. Then $15,000. I'm not sure what comes after that, but others around here would. Someday you can bid against Legend.
    I brake for ear bars.

<< <i>Here's my XF45-- Not much nicer...
    image >>

Wow! That is pretty close. Your XF has more complete stars on the obverse, but otherwise nearly identical. Thanks for posting yours. image
    Dwayne Sessom

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file