Home U.S. Coin Forum

Custom Error Label? Update - Results are in!

derrybderryb Posts: 36,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
Will PCGS let a submitter of a strike thru put a name on the error? I want this one called "Full Moon" Rev. Strk Thru:

Update: didn't get the custom label but did get the nod on a strike thru:

NGC Result

The only way to make an economic system truly stable is to permit the free market to take over.

Comments

• astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They used to with the Regency slab ... but no more.
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that is an interesting piece.... call customer service... usually, for a price, anything is possible. Cheers, RickO
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks more like the golden Sun to me.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a drop of glue.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• taxmadtaxmad Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭
    The extra leaf Wisconsin quarters were caused by a Mint employee hitting the die with a tool. Wonder if this is a similar...
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mama Eagle: "HONEY! Don't toss the egg up in the air like that!!!!!"

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    At first I thought it was Uranus, but now I think the location may be wrong? image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The extra leaf Wisconsin quarters were caused by a Mint employee hitting the die with a tool. Wonder if this is a similar... >>

Die error normally results in a number of similar errors.

The only way to make an economic system truly stable is to permit the free market to take over.

• FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 5,808 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it would be labeled as a 'struck thru',
    if that's what it is.

You can't name it, sorry to say.
    Retired Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV. Retired Authenticator for Major Mint Errors
    for PCGS. A 49+-Year PNG Member...A full numismatist since 1972, retired in 2022
  • MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Fred is correct, tried to get the "Pissing Minuteman" the proof with the die crack... No go... image
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• << <i>Fred is correct, tried to get the "Pissing Minuteman" the proof with the die crack... No go... image >>

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ttt - results are in.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file