Home U.S. Coin Forum

Just who are the new breed of "internet only" collectors?

2»

Comments

• "all generalizations are bad"

Good one.

• << <i>Quite a shift from "I've learned more in a year than..." to "It is your knowledge and expertise..." >>

that is out of context , so that makes that a generalization ! preach/practice preach/practice preach/practice.. image then repeat image

<< <i>I love your photos, .............................................................perhaps you might consider restraining yourself from pissing on the heads of people when you're standing on their shoulders. >>

thanks! but, hmmmm you need to produce pics or it didn't happen! what a weird visual that was. scary! image

<< <i>If you'd stated the limits of your numismatic focus at the very beginning and then expounded on the technological advances you would have gotten a different response from many. >>

sadly... no.... the first feeble attempts got brushed off, not noticed... guerilla tactics get peoples attention. stimuli/response...... action/reaction. cinder block tween the eyes.. works too! image

<< <i>Another thread on photography itself would attract others with knowledge and interest on that subject. >>

hmmmmmm this thread wanted to know who the new breed is. My posts were designed to show you guys the future. read my signature.. image

• << <i>and brings to mind T.T imaging ; they use all kinds of different lighting , different contrasts, different angles , different white balance , i think some are from scanners ....... - different-different - different .it is extremely hard to get a handle on what their coins will look like in hand >>

and you know what? this morning I searched NGC VDB MS65 and TT - they sold 4 in the last 90 days at average price of $226

I then used a program and found 12 listings on eBay same 90 day period for the same slab @ $176 avg on 4 sold (8 were bins at and average price of....................... wait for it............................................. the average of the BINS was 2 dollars higher than the average from the 4 TT sales.!

It blows me a way.. why I found this info on my own, that no one apparently puts these kind of facts up. It gets better, at TT, the sellers aren't held to performance standards, nor can you talk to them about the coin, or get them to send additional pictures, they have a ton of hidden fees, crappy pics of their offerings and people pay 25% more on the average for that opportunity? what is the matter with you guys! pardon the generalization. image

thats what us new internet people can find out very quickly, a lot of old school bunk. anyone want the statistical facts? are you guys aware of what the best day of the week is to buy a particular coin? You think you know, do you have bar graphs and the corresponding links to those expired listing to back up your claim.?
  • ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "There are three kinds of lies. Lies, damn lies, and statistics" - Mark Twain.

Have you checked out your data to find out if they correlate to a Fibonacci progression? image
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • AngryTurtleAngryTurtle Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭

<< <i>"all generalizations are bad"

Good one. >>

• << <i>"There are three kinds of lies. Lies, damn lies, and statistics" - Mark Twain.

Have you checked out your data to find out if they correlate to a Fibonacci progression? image >>

IS THE FIBONACCI PROGRESSION ANOTHER WAY OF DEFEATING THE HEGELIAN DIALECTIC?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file