Home U.S. Coin Forum

WLH date that has eluded me.....until now!!

savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭✭

arrived today.....now why is there no hole in my Whitman folder for it???? image

www.brunkauctions.com

Comments

• BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a 1904 dollar that resembles that one image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• tooled?
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • is that a small clip at 10 o`clock?
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭✭
    it is an altered date 1934 (not a very good job either)......and to your second question, it appears to be a rim ding

www.brunkauctions.com

• canadanzcanadanz Posts: 618 ✭✭
    34? My guess would have been 44... seems to me it would be much easier to turn a 4 into a 1, than a 3.
  • BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    Why would anyone do that? Maybe an apprentice counterfeiter working his way up to a 14-D cent?-------------------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    EXCELLENT!!! Congratulations! That would go very well with a 1930 (small 0) Jefferson I saw about 2 years ago. My best guess is that it was a tooled 9.
  • etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭
    That is a date that has eluded me for my Walker collection too. image

Mike
  • Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,395 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that's funny - thanks for posting it!
    Let's see......A very early previously unknown pattern half dollar that was accidently slipped into circulation......(just guessing as to an Ebay posting for it, along with a BIN price of $10,000 or Best Offer) image
    Successful BST transactions with 171 members. Ebeneezer, Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Admittedly, I am no expert on tooling, however, I would agree, that altering a 4 to a 1 would seem to be an easier task. Could you explain why you believe it to be an altered '34?? Thanks, always looking to learn. Cheers, RickO
  • rheddenrhedden Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At a glance, it doesn't look like such a bad alteration. Personally, I hope 1914 Walkers and their counterfeit cousins continue to elude my collection. image It's a cool piece, though.
    thanks for the comments, and i agree that a 44 would be easier to alter than a 34 because you already have the stem for the "1" but i think i see a remnant of the bottom curve of a "3" (could be wrong though; all we know for sure is that it was not altered from a 1924 image )

www.brunkauctions.com

• MWallaceMWallace Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually have a "1915" altered WLH. I'm not at home right now or I'd post pics.
  • I need one of those for my set

Mark
    The Secret Of Success Law:
    Discover all unpredictable errors before they occur.
  • lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,870 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it silver?
    LCoopie = Les
  • Halfhunter06Halfhunter06 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
    NIice!! Pop 1 !!!
  • TJM965TJM965 Posts: 446 ✭✭✭

I would try to get it into a genuine holder. Hey, you never know.image
  • LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No obverse mint mark? Hmmm image
    >>I would try to get it into a genuine holder. Hey, you never know>>

no kidding! Braddick would pay a ton for this in a Ginny i bet image

www.brunkauctions.com

• This from zoomFox. It really does look like a '34. I wonder if it just could have worn that way.

• After 50 years I finally finished my WLH set and posted a pic the other day of my last purchase and now this comes along.

There is no justice!

Ron

Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.
  • It could of been altered from a "wide date" 1911....but then again...image
    PM me if you are looking for U.S. auction catalogs

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file