Home Sports Talk
Options

The Ghost of Doug Brien....

grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
Has been exorcised!

Thank you, Nick Folk!

J-E-T-S, JETS JETS JETS!!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Thrilling finish!!

Three road playoff wins now in last two seasons!

Rex is a winner!!

Go JETS!!

(LOL)
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't the Jets once beat the Colts in a big game before?
  • Options
    Didn't the Jets once beat the Colts in a big game before?

Yes, though we were bigger dogs in that game by just a bit...that was when the Colts were in the NFC (NFL)...that shows you how long ago that was...I believe Namath actually wore a leather helmet in that game, if I recall correctly, LOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice win, Jets! A thing of beauty!

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Didn't the Jets once beat the Colts in a big game before?

Yes, though we were bigger dogs in that game by just a bit...that was when the Colts were in the NFC (NFL)...that shows you how long ago that was...I believe Namath actually wore a leather helmet in that game, if I recall correctly, LOL.. >>

That's right - plastic hadn't been invented yet. LOL
  • Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    Hope you can score more than 50 next week.
  • Options

Hope the Bucs are comfy watching playoff football from the couch this weekend...

Sincerely,

Teams That Actually Qualified for the Playoffs

• Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    chip shot...

thank Sanchez and the special teams run...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    I will rooting for the JETS next week, but I think the run will be over.
  • Options

Come again?

LOL!!!

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doug Brien may soon get some unwelcome publicity and media attention.

If it happens, the publicity will be unrelated to football, but due to his football connection and identity as a well known former NFL player the media spotlight will shine uncomfortably on him.
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    I have no dog in this fight, as I am neither a Jets nor Steelers supporter. But, didn't Doug Brien miss the field goals in Heinz Field against the Steelers in a playoff game? I don't see how Nick Folk making a kick indoors against the Colts exorcises the ghost of Doug Brien. For that, Mr. Folk needs to nail a game winner THIS weekend (which he may very well do, as I expect this to be a very tight game).
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    My point was that all jet fans were flashing back to that playoff game vs pity when brien missed 2 fg& steelers won in it. Obviously now 2 weeks later of folk has a last second shot this would be even more fitting.

• Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    Poetic justice would be to have Folk hit a game winner after Pittsburgh has outplayed the Jets. The Jets definitely should have won that game years ago.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    [Poetic justice would be to have Folk hit a game winner after Pittsburgh has outplayed the Jets. The Jets definitely should have won that game years ago.

Agreed...that was same old Jets, let's see what happens this time..