Home U.S. Coin Forum

Jefferson nickels from a 1955 mint set. Tell me what you think...

crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
Here are three nickels from some mint sets I own. The first one looks as it might win an award for the weakest strike, and the other two look as they might have a shot at full steps. At any rate there sure is a large difference in strikes...

imageimage
The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comments

• darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
    Some of the worst strikes I have seen on nickels come from double mint sets. None are full steps. The dome on one of the other ones is just a blob on one side the other one has weak steps.
  • No full steps
  • djdilliodondjdilliodon Posts: 1,938 ✭✭
    With mint sets the worst ive seen are on 58 sets. Some of the P mints you can barely read some of the lettering lol. None of those from that set will make the full step designation image. What type of color do the silver pieces have?
  • crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,955 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>With mint sets the worst ive seen are on 58 sets. Some of the P mints you can barely read some of the lettering lol. None of those from that set will make the full step designation image. What type of color do the silver pieces have? >>

Crazy colors, the silver coins looks as they got to close to the paint factory...I'll post a couple of them so you'll see what I'm talking about...Hang on a couple of minutes....
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

<< <i>

<< <i>With mint sets the worst ive seen are on 58 sets. Some of the P mints you can barely read some of the lettering lol. None of those from that set will make the full step designation image. What type of color do the silver pieces have? >>

Crazy colors, the silver coins looks as they got to close to the paint factory...I'll post a couple of them so you'll see what I'm talking about...Hang on a couple of minutes.... >>

imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage

<< <i>

<< <i>

Crazy colors, the silver coins looks as they got to close to the paint factory...I'll post a couple of them so you'll see what I'm talking about...Hang on a couple of minutes.... >>

imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage >>

I'll probably sell all of these sets...
  • YogiBerraFanYogiBerraFan Posts: 2,390 ✭✭
    Cool looking nickels.
  • sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    I like your quarters -

but did not see the Jefferson obverses
  • keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jefferson nickels from a 1955 mint set. Tell me what you think...

i think you should stick to Buffalo Nickels.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are butt ugly coins.... Cheers, RickO

<< <i>Jefferson nickels from a 1955 mint set. Tell me what you think...

i think you should stick to Buffalo Nickels. >>

image I agree, you made me laugh pretty good on that one! I suck at other coins, but I do know Buffs...My worst is Lincoln cents...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file