Home U.S. Coin Forum

Ebay shipping question?

Hey guys, is there anyway to combine items won and send in one box? Here's the scenario: Buyer wins 2 items and pays for both instantly. Buyer later wins another item and pays for that one seperately. Do I have to ship 2 packages or can I combine. I can't figure out how to do it because he paid instantly after the auctions ended? Thanks Cass

Comments

• notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    If you use paypal multiorder shipping it offers that option. Otherwise, just ship any one of them, change the weight to match all 3 and mark the other 2 shipped. If you're more fastidious than I am, you can go into paypal and add the tracking number to the other 2. --Jerry
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the buyer paid for 2 separate s&h fees, in order to be protected by PayPal seller protection, you cannot combine the shipments. 2 separate delivery confirmation #'s are required to be covered.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • tincuptincup Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you can revise your invoice to reflect a combined shipping and send to buyer, and then PayPal guarantees should still be in effect.
    ----- kj
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If the buyer paid for 2 separate s&h fees, in order to be protected by PayPal seller protection, you cannot combine the shipments. 2 separate delivery confirmation #'s are required to be covered. >>

image Had the same thing happen last week. Only way you can combine is if the buyer waits for a combined invoice then pays as far as I know..
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before you combine please ask the buyer if that is okay.

I had a buyer blow his top because he wanted them shipped
    separately so as to reduce the chance of Postal loss!

He was willing to pay for two shipments as he paid the shipping
    on both. When I combined I saved him some shipping and
    just put a couple of bucks in the package with a note.

Wrong!

bob
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>If the buyer paid for 2 separate s&h fees, in order to be protected by PayPal seller protection, you cannot combine the shipments. 2 separate delivery confirmation #'s are required to be covered. >>

image Had the same thing happen last week. Only way you can combine is if the buyer waits for a combined invoice then pays as far as I know.. >>

You are correct.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • "I had a buyer blow his top because he wanted them shipped
    separately so as to reduce the chance of Postal loss!"

Would reduce the chance of losing all but increase the chance of losing some. image
  • giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In this same situation, I have actually refunded the first invoice and then sent a second invoice reflecting the combined shipping and sent an explanation to the buyer. Most people appreciate the gesture, unless they are the weirdo described above.
    VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Shipping was free on all items. I used Jerry's suggestion...Thanks Guys
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do as Jerry says, but make sure you are shipping to the address on the paypal transaction details page of each item. Your seller protection on each item requires this. If address is the same you can ship multiple items together with one tracking number. Make sure you manually enter the tracking number into paypal and ebay where it does not automatically show up. Paypal does recognize combined shipping and offers seller protection as long as each item goes to the address on the details page. People have been know to use different paypal accounts and sometimes it belongs to a relative at a different address or one of them my be a work address.

Also, always check the details page and make sure it says "OK to ship" and "eligible" for seller protection. Sometimes this takes days after the sale when a bank transfer is involved or if Paypal is running a check on the credit card charge.

The only way to make an economic system truly stable is to permit the free market to take over.

• << <i> If address is the same you can ship multiple items together with one tracking number. Make sure you manually enter the tracking number into paypal and ebay where it does not automatically show up. Paypal does recognize combined shipping and offers seller protection as long as each item goes to the address on the details page. . >>

This is correct.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file