Home U.S. Coin Forum

Winston, (STONE) You SUCK!!!!

Winston has really outdone himself this FUN show...I won't give any details, but he had to have the best FUN show anyone's ever had, and he's only have way through! Congrats bud, hopefully you'll show off your finds here. I don't know if I have the power to give you the title of YOU SUCK grand master , but I doubt anyone will disagree with me when they see what you've found. Enjoy your new sports car or trip around the world or whatever you buy with your proceeds, all I ask is that you TEACH ME YOUR WAYS!!!

Congrats again, you deserve it!

-Paul

Comments

• rld14rld14 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭
    Knowing Winston this should be good.....
    Bear's "Growl of Approval" award 10/09 & 3/10 | "YOU SUCK" - PonyExpress8|"F the doctors!" - homerunhall | I hate my car
  • coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I second suck that honor bestowed upon Stone. He has doen the impossble with his incredible find...and the Bust dime community is in shock and awe! >>

You only know of ONE of the THREE finds. The two he made yesterday and today are actually rarer than the first! I won't divulge his finds, as it would ruin his fun!

-Paul
    I honestly think I'm going to get into Bust Dimes now...What's a good reference for them? lol

-Paul
  • HTubbsHTubbs Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭
    Another one? Wow! I hear about the 2nd one, but a 3rd ...he's one lucky fellow!
  • ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    Although I have only met Winston once, he made an impression.......I am sure he deserves the YOU SUCK award, that kid has an eye for sure. Lets see it !!!!!!!
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08
  • MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭
    Winston, Sell them to me.
  • blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I witnessed some gloating at my table today at the expense of Dennis88.....
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had dinner with him, Dimeman and 5 others... GOOD TIMES. I think he has found a few nice toys this past year, not just at FUN. Maybe he will chime in?

Greg
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    It's late here in Florida, so I'm pretty tired, but it's been a good show thus far. image

I will divulge more when I get photo's from Todd

And hey, there's more tomorrow image
  • PonyExpress8PonyExpress8 Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭
    Indeed there is. image

And Sunday too for some of us. It's been fun to watch this week.
    The End of the Line in the West.

Website-Americana Rare Coin Inc
  • USMoneyloverUSMoneylover Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Talk about letting the suspense build! Congrats man!
    Finest Coins and Relics
  • morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This should be good, no sarcasm intended.
    Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The suspense is building.... sounds like a really exciting story... Cheers, RickO
  • tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
    Where is the thread about the first find at least?
  • YogiBerraFanYogiBerraFan Posts: 2,390 ✭✭
    Sounds like a great time. Can't wait to see the score!
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 32,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was an 1829 Curl Base 2 Dime with a reverse brockage of the obverse design, struck on a $2-1/2 gold planchet.

NOT!

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • USMoneyloverUSMoneylover Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Finest Coins and Relics

<< <i>

<< <i>It was an 1829 Curl Base 2 Dime with a reverse brockage of the obverse design, struck on a $2-1/2 gold planchet.

NOT!

NOT very far off!

image >>

image >>

Must have been a STRUCK $2-1/2!!!!
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭✭✭

I too was able to see Winston's incredible finds. He definitely deserves the "you suck"!
    Charmy Harker
    The Penny Lady®
    I just got done with the show and picked up another cool Bust Dime piece this morning.
    The show was lots of fun. Got to meet a lot of great people and talk coins non-stop from Wednesday to Saturday PM.

I'm at the airport and about to board the plane now to see my Grandparents in South Florida.
    I will probably be too busy to post a show report until later this week. But stay tuned, it should be good image
    Have a safe flight, Winston!! It was great seeing ya!

-Paul
  • pakasmompakasmom Posts: 1,920

<< <i>Where is the thread about the first find at least? >>

Anyone?

<< <i>

<< <i>Where is the thread about the first find at least? >>

Anyone? >>

First find.

-Paul

<< <i>Stone is making this stuff look just to darn easy............trust me one has to be an expert to find these hidden treasures. If one isn't armed with knowledge it will not be found......my hat's off to him and his grail(s)! >>

Lol, his 2nd and 3rd finds were accidents! image

-Paul

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Stone is making this stuff look just to darn easy............trust me one has to be an expert to find these hidden treasures. If one isn't armed with knowledge it will not be found......my hat's off to him and his grail(s)! >>

-Paul >>

True enough but you have to be playing in the game full-time to encounter these discs inorder to score, just remember that. >>

I suppose. But luck obviously has something to do with it too! Lol

-Paul

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

-Paul >>

True enough but you have to be playing in the game full-time to encounter these discs inorder to score, just remember that. >>

-Paul >>

Luck can sometimes be an illusion of knowledge multiplied by time.

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

-Paul >>

-Paul >>

Luck can sometimes be an illusion of knowledge multiplied by time. >>

Very Zen!

I think I mentioned above that I will be pretty much away from a Computer until Wed/Thurs to give my "Much Anticipated FUN Show Report"
    I also had Todd (Blu62) photograph my three biggest coins from the show, and once I have those I will add them to my show report.

I guess I should point out that I only bought Bust Dimes at the show, so that narrows it down a bit
    So I was right?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

• I wish i would have accidents like that. Then again i would have to be in the right places for them to happen. One day maybe i will start going to shows.

More good luck to you Winston!
    Winner of the "You Suck!" award March 17, 2010 by LanLord, doh, 123cents and Bear.
  • seateddimeseateddime Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭
    Winston,

It would seem you out did me - do tell?

Anything Seated?
    I seldom check PM's but do check emails often jason@seated.org

Buying top quality Seated Dimes in Gem BU and Proof.

Buying great coins - monster eye appeal only.
  • MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

Paul,

Good seeing you at Breakfast on Thursday - don't think
    I saw you again after that though. Considering what you
    went thru this year - you looked great !!

Winston was a riot to be around this week - it was like
    Christmas every day - new finds - unique die pair - what
    can I say - Mr & Mrs Zack have now retired - and are living off
    Winston's valuable finds.

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Luck can sometimes be an illusion of knowledge multiplied by time. >>

Very wise, William.

Lane
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
    Or, as the Chicago Bears have proven this year, "It is better to be lucky than good!"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file