Home U.S. Coin Forum

Prices seemed to be pretty soft at FUN.

2»

Comments

• AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭
    Seems like nice AU and some XF busties were hot. Good values in VF right now.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • What I was buying the prices were strong but I was still able to dig out a few gems for fair prices image
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I was the under bidder on the only coin I was after. Lot 5812 PCGS Walker 66 PF Cameo. It hammered @ $9200. I'm in China and couldn't stay awake so I had to leave my bids prior to the live bidding. grrrrrrrrrr. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • jhdflajhdfla Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well I was the under bidder on the only coin I was after. Lot 5812 PCGS Walker 66 PF Cameo. It hammered @ $9200. I'm in China and couldn't stay awake so I had to leave my bids prior to the live bidding. grrrrrrrrrr. MJ >>

Wanna hear my tale of woe? There were three seated quarters I was interested in, at least one of them I was willing to raise my bids by several increments if necessary. Internet connection at the hotel f'd up right near the end of the bust quarters, and wasn't back untill the seated q proofs. Talk about bad timing, grrrrrrrr....

As far as weak prices, you're kidding me, right??
  • drddmdrddm Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I did buy one from the Allgood Collection that I had been staring at the last couple of months. I paid about $400 more then I really wanted to, but I figured I would probably regret it a few months down the road looking at it in the auction archives:

PCGS AU-55 CAC: O-103, R1

edited: to post smaller Heritage image >>

I was the underbidder on this lot and happen to agree that it is a beautiful looking CBH, perhaps undergraded, perhaps not. As was said earlier in this thread, it's all about the luster. If it's just not there, then AU55 is the appropriate grade. I happen to have several AU55 CBH's in my Registry that are slightly lacking in luster but have wear in the AU58 range.

I hope Patches will let us know about the luster when he gets it in hand.

Congrats Patches!!!!
  • mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭
    You paid the going rate for such a nice PCGS/CAC Bustie. Congratulations on your win. If I needed the marriage, I would have bid a bit more.
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.
  • lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,892 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a lot of us were bidding against one another. I placed nine strong bids on CBH's. Rebid on six. All were higher than price guide. Lost all but one.

Heritage photos below. I'll reshoot them when it eventually arrives.
    Lance.

imageimage
  • AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭
    Gorgeous 1808 Lance!
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • LVGTLVGT Posts: 503
    Definately competition amongst some board members. I bid on both those coins, obviously not enough. I would be happy to own either one. Congrats guys.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file