Home U.S. Coin Forum

How is this one for a lowball candidate type coin? What would you grade it?

Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭
Can't even see the arrows anymore... I don't believe there is a rays but no arrows type.. Nice and clean with no hairlines!!

Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,

Comments

• I like it but if it's a coin I like it. It has character kind of like the old yellow cat in the neighborhood with the bent ear. If only it could talk.

Ron
    Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.
  • GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭
    I like it, a long life and lots of honest wear and no problems.
    Ed
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That coin has spent time in a lot of pockets... Cheers, RickO
  • Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭
    Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,

<< <i>I like it but if it's a coin I like it. It has character kind of like the old yellow cat in the neighborhood with the bent ear. If only it could talk.

Ron >>

It would say some amazing things I am sure of it!!!

• FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it as well. Nice coin.
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got the twin half to it...in at least an equally low grade image
    (contemplating sending it in and then seeing if anyone wants it for a lowball set)

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

<< <i>I've got the twin half to it...in at least an equally low grade image
    (contemplating sending it in and then seeing if anyone wants it for a lowball set) >>

Would be sweet to see them both together!! Still pondering on what they will grade this one. Im thinking FR-2

• Somewhere in AG-land?
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • 291fifth291fifth Posts: 24,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FR2. There was a time when coins with that much wear were not that uncommon in circulation. Many of them disappeared from dealer's stock during the great silver rush of 1979-80. Many were probably melted but some may still be lurking in investors bags of 90% silver coins.
    All glory is fleeting.

<< <i>

<< <i>I've got the twin half to it...in at least an equally low grade image
    (contemplating sending it in and then seeing if anyone wants it for a lowball set) >>

Would be sweet to see them both together!! Still pondering on what they will grade this one. Im thinking FR-2 >>

Here's an older (large!) photo:

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd call it fair 2. No chance for a PO1 imho. Here's my Poor Seated quarter type coin:

Heh...Manorcourtman, I just "sold" (practically gave away at a little over melt) a 1877-s 1/2 that looked about like that.
    Cafeteria worker wanted some old coins for her husband just before Christmas (his birthday) and I had some low level type coins like that....got her about 20+ coins for just under $200 and the seated half was the 1877-s and really worn. Could barely tell what it was.

Nice half Bochiman!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file