Home U.S. Coin Forum

SILVER up again today- changing fast

pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
you would never know it on ebay. Sales are strong and reasonable prices do not exist on any 06, 07, or 08 W's. I guess I will just stop trying

to buy some and just hold on to what I have.

Comments

• BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really?
    I haven't looked for a bit but I have some 2006w and 2007w SAEs I have been planning to sell for awhile so maybe this is the right time....

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Maybe the prices will soften with the price of silver going down and we will be able to get some more.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A temporary slip.... many dealers will not even reprice for this short dip. Cheers, RickO
  • ObiwancanoliObiwancanoli Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭
    Over the last 2 months, my Dad sold a few silver bars, two of which he sold during the christmas holiday... silver had reached $29.25 or so, and the dealer paid him spot less .75 for the first one, and less .60 for the second, at which point silver had increased to $29.35... he was pretty happy, having purchased these at around $20 about 2 years before...

When silver rose to nearly $32, he considered selling that last bar, but held off, since he was already in the money. I might have rushed to the dealer at that point, but he's hoping it climbs a bit more... I'm not so sure...
    UBERCOINER

A Truth That's Told With Bad Intent
    Beats All The Lies You Can Invent
    Let the dip go on for a while so we can buy some more. I know I am locked and loaded.

• << <i>Let the dip go on for a while so we can buy some more. I know I am locked and loaded. >>

Looks like the silver dip is over for now.

The prices of the 07 and 08 W's just kept on rising through the dip.

Where are they going to end up?
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ASE 20 coin tubes have come down a bit, but still overpriced.

The only way to make an economic system truly stable is to permit the free market to take over.

07W and 08W eagles just keep going up every day no matter what silver does. I am having a hard time justifying bidding on these coins at

the current prices even though I know that they could be much higher in the future.
  • IMO, silver will hit resistance of $ 26.15 and then go sideways for a few months between that # and $ 30 until more "news" comes out....

I just sold 10, 1oz Engelhards for $ 39 each... so I do believe what you are saying is true about Ebay.... I love going to my local B&M and picking up lots of silver every Friday as it seems that it goes down a lot going into the weekends...
  • What is the current rule of thumb on silver price..i.e silver qtr worn 5xface?? or 10xface?? just a rough..thanks.
    Bruce Scher
  • BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    Its been around 20x, roughly-------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • TONEDDOLLARSTONEDDOLLARS Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭
  • Anywhere from 16x - 18 1/2x face.
  • Let the dip go on for a while so we can buy some more. I know I am locked and loaded.

Yesterday's prices look like a bargain compared to what I see out there this morning!

Better grab them while you can. Looks like silver is short everywhere.
  • BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Better grab them while you can. Looks like silver is short everywhere. >>

Are you saying there are a lot of people shorting silver, or

Are you saying there is a shortage of physical silver

Thanks, BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree

There is a shortage of physical silver .

Silver not below $30 today.
  • Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    You posted too quickly, it's now 29.98
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson

<< <i>You posted too quickly, it's now 29.98 >>

It is now but will it hold?
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 32,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Thar' she blows!!!"
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • AhrensdadAhrensdad Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭
    It's $30.12 when I looked a minute ago. I think it's going to be a wild ride for a little while.
    Successful BST Transactions with: WTCG, Ikenefic, Twincam, InternetJunky, bestday, 1twobits, Geoman x4, Blackhawk, Robb, nederveit, mesquite, sinin1, CommemDude, Gerard, sebrown, Guitarwes, Commoncents05, tychojoe, adriana, SeaEagleCoins, ndgoflo, stone, vikingdude, golfer72, kameo, Scotty1418, Tdec1000, Sportsmoderator1 and many others.

Please visit my website Millcitynumismatics.com
  • tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

...better hurry up and get your silver proof sets before it climbs even more! image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday I could have told you with 100% certainty that silver would go up big today... I know that because I sold some silver yesterday and it ALWAYS goes up when I sell image

2006,07, and 08 W eagles are getting expensive. It is hard to find any that sell in the $30 to $40 range now.
  • IrishMikeyIrishMikey Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭
    I am having much more fun buying Morgan and Peace dollars. Given the choice
    between a modern silver eagle and something with collector interest and history, I
    always go with the history. Hard to go wrong with EF-AU Morgans at silver melt.
  • 66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭

<< <i>2006,07, and 08 W eagles are getting expensive. It is hard to find any that sell in the $30 to $40 range now. >>

I do the 06 W anni stuff as a seller and the MS and PR in 9 are really hit or miss. The RP is very consistent. in 9 or 70.

I didn't know the 07W was up, guess that is next for me. To bad the 03's are deadimage
    Need something designed and 3D printed?

There are plenty of 07W's out there but they are still selling in the high $30's to low $40's. The one that is really getting tough to find even in the low $40's is the 08W.
  • robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those Morgan & Peace dollars are selling for strong $$$... I'm glad to finally be selling these. image
  • So with increase should certainly be above 20xface?
    Need to sell some silver coins in ..Charlotte area or close by..
    made a couple calls and finding only 18X..
    Bruce
  • mbbikermbbiker Posts: 2,873
    Melt on a peace or Morgan dollar is a hair over $23 right now so I would hope you could get 20x face

The silver eagles right now are getting twice that much on ebay.
  • hiijackerhiijacker Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭
    Wow di not know prices ran up. I have got plenty to sell at $40

Buyer of all vintage Silver Bars. PM me
    Cashback from Mr. Rebates

Silver is running again already today.
    $32.00

• << <i>Really?
    I haven't looked for a bit but I have some 2006w and 2007w SAEs I have been planning to sell for awhile so maybe this is the right time.... >>

With silver hold at $32.19, this is the time to sell off what you have, if that's your choice.

Otherwise, you may lose out on any profit should the price take a dive.
    At this point: sell a little, buy a little, every day.
  • coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,484 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Really?
    I haven't looked for a bit but I have some 2006w and 2007w SAEs I have been planning to sell for awhile so maybe this is the right time.... >>

With silver hold at $32.19, this is the time to sell off what you have, if that's your choice.

Otherwise, you may lose out on any profit should the price take a dive. >>

Likewise, you may lose out on any additional profit should the price continue to rise.image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file