Home U.S. Coin Forum

Using a credit card on Ebay-- any issues with the "Ebay Merchant System"?

LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
A friend of mine is thinking of bidding on Ebay, and asked that I post this question here. Never dirtying my hands on such a site, I didn't know the answer, and thought I'd ask here.

Below are the "payment terms" on a particular item. Does anyone have any experience with using a credit card on Ebay, especially through this "Ebay Merchant System", rather than Paypal, which seems more typical?

Here are the terms:

"Please note we do not accept PAY-PAL as we do not have a Pay-Pal account, we accept Credit/Debit Cards; please write with any questions about payment before bidding

Your Credit/Debit Card payments are taken in the fully secure Ebay Merchant system, when your invoice is sent you need only select the credit card you intend to use and proceed with the payment from your Credit/Debit card.

Your Credit Card statement will show payments to [ebay user name; edited for security purposes]."

Always took candy from strangers
Didn't wanna get me no trade
Never want to be like papa
Working for the boss every night and day
--"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)

Comments

• The reason for using a credit card, for me anyway, is to avoid getting ripped off. The back charge feature of using a credit card is all the protection I need.
    However if your friend is not sure about a certain site I would advise him to take a pass. No one ever lost capital by taking a pass.
    successful BST deals with Meltdown, Broadstruck, lordmarcovan, MisterTicToc, JINX86, BXBOY143, MBCOINS and others
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should not be an issue...Some sellers, due to high PayPal fees, have their own merchant cc processor.
    Just like going to a B&M store & using your cc.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file