Home U.S. Coin Forum

Introduction

Hello. I'm a new name on this forum, but not new to numismatics. Been collecting on and off since 1953.
I hate coin doctors and frauds with a passion and sometimes may get quite vocal about my feelings on these subjects.
Looking foreward to still learning a thing or two from you guys.
successful BST deals with Meltdown, Broadstruck, lordmarcovan, MisterTicToc, JINX86, BXBOY143, MBCOINS and others

Comments

• RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome!

Please tell us about your collecting interests.
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Howdy, pardner.

I'm one of the "Old Guard" around here, but you've got almost a quarter-century on me when it comes to time in the hobby.

I'll bet you will learn a thing or two here (we all have), but I'll bet you'll be teaching a thing or two, also.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,870 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting avatar,
    you will fit right in.
    LCoopie = Les

• << <i>Welcome!

Please tell us about your collecting interests. >>

My interests are deeper than my pockets at this point in my life.
    Sold most of my stuff over the last 10 years in order to exist.
    I like Commems, the real ones, and Walkers, but I'm not an expert in anything except knowing how not to get ripped off.
    successful BST deals with Meltdown, Broadstruck, lordmarcovan, MisterTicToc, JINX86, BXBOY143, MBCOINS and others
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey, welcome to the forum! Arguments are not uncommon so keep a thick
    skin! Don't take anything personally, well at least not seriously personally!

bobimageimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Thanks Bob. My skin is thicker than most, no problem there.
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,512 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My interests are deeper than my pockets at this point in my life. >>

And at every point in MY life! image

That makes you a member of a very big club, indeed!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,955 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Interesting avatar,
    you will fit right in. >>

Yes, it is quite an interesting avatar for sure! I'm with you on the frauds and the coin Doctors. image What coins do you collect? I see you've already answered this question....
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • YogiBerraFanYogiBerraFan Posts: 2,390 ✭✭
  • PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

You should enjoy the information here

there is lots of interesting facts on this board
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• I've been reading the board for a while now and am pretty familiar with current events here, but can someone tell me who the moderators are? I don't see a list of names anywhere.

CarolJ and SportsModerator1 are the mods here that I am aware of. DW (see the RULES sticky post) - will pop in but is also Pres of the company.
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    welcome to the forums. plenty to learn here and i hope you find what your looking for image
  • FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome! image
  • BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum. Be careful about what you say, or you might get accused of being an Alt. image
  • RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the Forums! May you find them enjoyable and informative!

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

• lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,892 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for signing up, Ed! Enjoy your time here. There's a lot to know and we all fit in as newbies in one way or another.
    Lance.
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome! I also collect classic commems and Walkers. I like you already. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coins R Us!image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard mrcoin3.... enjoy... Cheers, RickO
  • WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I've been reading the board for a while now and am pretty familiar with current events here, but can someone tell me who the moderators are? I don't see a list of names anywhere. >>

DonWillis
    HomeRunHall
    Sportsmoderator1
    CarolJ

Just to name a few. Just follow the opening post and you will not require a "Meet & Greet" with the mods. Welcome.
    Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    Becky
  • MisterBungleMisterBungle Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭

Hello mrcoin3, and welcome!!

~

"America suffers today from too much pluribus and not enough unum.".....Arthur Schlesinger Jr.

• << <i>

<< <i>I've been reading the board for a while now and am pretty familiar with current events here, but can someone tell me who the moderators are? I don't see a list of names anywhere. >>

DonWillis
    HomeRunHall
    Sportsmoderator1
    CarolJ

Just to name a few. Just follow the opening post and you will not require a "Meet & Greet" with the mods. Welcome. >>

Thanks WJ. Wasn't looking for a "meet & greet" just like to know who's in control.
  • Welcome!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file