Home U.S. Coin Forum

The New York International Is a Better Show Than FUN

CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
If you are looking for the Coinosaurus, that is. You will not find him in Tampa.

Comments

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,882 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not of me because I don't collect very much foreign material.

To me the winter FUN show is the #1 event of the numismatic year.

And yea, I don't have worry about travel in a snow storm. imageimage
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    Rub it in. Who the heck wants to go to Tampa. But alas, my Wife didn't want me flying to the city because of my neck issues.

• rld14rld14 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭
    I live 6 miles from Manhattan but, alas, can't make FUN this year and don't collect darkside...

Hmm, there's the old bridge show in 2 weeks image
    Bear's "Growl of Approval" award 10/09 & 3/10 | "YOU SUCK" - PonyExpress8|"F the doctors!" - homerunhall | I hate my car
  • RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RYK is not available for FUN but is listed as "probable" for the ANA in Chicago. He also has firm plans a spring trip to Chicago, to make the arrangements for the ANA visit. Perhaps The Coinosaurus will be available to go running, share a healthy snack, or go for a beer.
  • bidaskbidask Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey I am here right now taking in all the auctions!image
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I live in the Tampa Bay Area! Spent New Years Day with my family on the 49 Yard Line Club Section of Raymond James Stadium at the Outback Bowl where the high for the day was 77 Degrees, plenty of white puffy clouds to block out the harsh sun rays. Also had a nice breeze. The Gators won so the day was perfect! I even went to Outback for dinner. The day before(Friday) and Sunday was spent at the beach! Terrible to be down here this time of year, just terrible!!

I would much rather be locked in a room in New York where there is TWO FEET of snow with 6' of trash piled up due to a lack of trash pick-up and where you have suicide jumpers jump off of 9 story buildings....and LIVE because they land on a 6' PILE OF TRASH!

Seriously? Good luck in NY! If you are interested in NY so much isn't there a foreign area for that to be discussed?

My .02! image
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • droopyddroopyd Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I live 6 miles from Manhattan but, alas, can't make FUN this year and don't collect darkside... >>

They always have a few people at the NY Int'l that carry US stuff - you have to search them out, but I've found some decent US stuff at decent prices there.
    Me at the Springfield coin show:
    60 years into this hobby and I'm still working on my Lincoln set!
  • ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the show rule is no US before 1815 but dont quote me on that.... Andy L, feel free to jump in and confirm/update

We attended this year and had a wonderful day today selling 2 full suitcases of coins in under 2 hours....

Show was very well attended, lot of good action... a few dealers were back from FUN

here is a tip or two...$5 coupon available online also regarding parking... if you use the parking garage near the hotel you are looking at $30-$40 dollars... it sometimes if you are looking to save money...park a bit a way and walk or take cab.... I dont suggest this if you have valuable coins, but I offer it to folks who might be on a budget and want to cut their expenses of going to the show...
    Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file