Home U.S. Coin Forum

Some NEW Non Round (Error) Coins

ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
Someone on another thread a while back said none of my coins were round. Here are three new ones I bought in the last week or so....

An Extremely cool Triple Clip 1976 Half Dollar ...

with metal flow ...

A really cool (dated) 1999 multi struck statehood quarter fragment that has no date ....

with an extremely high rim

and Another very cool error for my Y2K error type set, a Broadstruck Dime on a planchet that has both large straight and curved clips

Post your non round coins if you got any.

Comments

• ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool - my kind of errors! (well, except that they're not copper image)
    Charmy Harker
    The Penny Lady®
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very interesting... I suppose these get out of the mint in bags... it amazes me that small quarter piece was even found. Cheers, RickO
  • JedPlanchetJedPlanchet Posts: 907 ✭✭✭
    That "Multistruck Fragment" is pretty funny ... more like a coin remnant ...

Any hint of what state it was?
    Whatever you are, be a good one. ---- Abraham Lincoln
  • ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Very cool - my kind of errors! (well, except that they're not copper image) >>

I have a few copper lying a(not)round but they are not new. I have seen many of your super nice copper errors which is a quite awesome collection.

"That "Multistruck Fragment" is pretty funny ... more like a coin remnant ...

Any hint of what state it was?"

Hard to tell, i think it was part of a die cap that exploded and it was struck against a blank planchets.
  • pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    The multi struck fragment is way cool. Im not sure where I stand on the half dollar,
    I am not schooled fully but it looks to be 2 clip with a blakesley to me, but like I said I know nada
    about alot of this-either way you have some way cool stuff

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill

<< <i>The multi struck fragment is way cool. Im not sure where I stand on the half dollar,
    I am not schooled fully but it looks to be 2 clip with a blakesley to me, but like I said I know nada
    about alot of this-either way you have some way cool stuff >>

It is 3 clips, the third one (smallest) is called a rim clip.
    Here's one more that came on last week ....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file