Home Sports Talk
Options

How do you spell IDIOT...

swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
TUCKER...

Discuss...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
- uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...

Comments

• Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    John Tucker ? , Marshall Tucker ? , maybe Mother Tucker ?

I'm confused as I celebrate intellectual diversity. ---- Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    Tucker Carlson
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the purpose for this thread is??

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>And the purpose for this thread is?? >>

This is a question that coul be asked of nearly 80% of all the threads posted on these boards. Roll with it.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tucker Carlson: Vick 'should have been 'executed'
    (AP) – 4 days ago

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — The Eagles are more worried about Michael Vick's injured leg than another attack on his dogfighting past.

Fox analyst Tucker Carlson gave the harshest critique of Vick's past yet, saying the Philadelphia Eagles quarterback "should have been executed" for his gruesome dogfighting crimes.

Carlson was guest hosting for Sean Hannity's show on Fox News Channel on Tuesday night when he made the remarks. He led a panel discussion about President Barack Obama commending the owner of the Eagles for giving Vick a second chance after his release from prison. Vick served 18 months in federal prison for running a dogfighting ring.

Carlson said: "Michael Vick killed dogs, and he did (it) in a heartless and cruel way." He added, "I think personally he should have been executed for that."

Pamela Browner White, the Eagles senior vice president of public affairs and government relations, said the team had no comment.

The Eagles did not practice on Wednesday so Vick, voted an NFC Pro Bowl starter, was not available for comment.

Neither Vick's agent, Joel Segal, nor Fox News immediately returned phone messages on Wednesday.

This season, Vick has gone from a seldom-used backup to the NFC's leading passer, the catalyst for Philadelphia's dynamic offense. He was selected in a leaguewide vote by NFL players, coaches and fans to start for the NFC in the Jan. 30 Pro Bowl in Honolulu, and has led the Eagles to the No. 3 seed in the NFC.

He bruised a leg on the first play of the Eagles' 24-14 loss to the Minnesota Vikings on Tuesday night and might not play in Sunday's season finale against the Dallas Cowboys.

Carlson, a conservative commentator, was angry that Obama told Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie he believes people who have paid for their crimes should have the opportunity to contribute to society again.

"But the idea that the President of the United States would be getting behind someone who murdered dogs (is) kind of beyond the pale," he said.

Vick, who saw his first dogfight as a 7-year-old, has revived his career and is taking steps to rebuild his image. He spends time on his off days working with the Humane Society of the United States and speaking to school and community groups about the cruelty of dogfighting. He has said he'd never be able to completely forget the horrific acts he witnessed and committed.

He made headlines recently when he said he genuinely cares about animals and would like to have a dog for a pet. Vick said his kids ask him every day for a dog and wants to adopt one for his family.

It won't happen soon. Under the terms of his probation, which ends in May 2012, he cannot own dogs during that time.

Carlson called Vick "some creepy rich overpaid football player" and used his platform to take a dig at Obama.

"He went to jail for two years. I mean, whatever," Carlson said. "I think the president should be quiet on this one."

Copyright © 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I heard about that. Didn't know the guy's name though. Phili fans may be a little more into this minor news than those outside Phili!?

To me it's a stupid statement. The guy served his punishment as perscribed by law. He got no special favors in his sentencing. I don't see a problem. If this guy really thinks people should be executed for such a crime he should bring it up with the proper elected officials. To me it's not worth much discussion.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Heh, when this whole dog-fighting thing first came to light, there were a lot of folks around these forums who thought it'd be fitting to have Vick turned into dog food.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    execute? nah. just Neuter him!
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    There is a large segment of society that always has been (and always will be) far more offended by crimes against animals than crimes against humans.

If Vick's crime(s) had been rape or assault or some such thing, people like Tucker would probably see no reason to comment.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭

<< <i>If Vick's crime(s) had been rape or assault or some such thing, people like Tucker would probably see no reason to comment. >>

If Vick's crime(s) had been rape, assault, or some such thing, he'd probably still be in prison and we wouldn't be reminded of him for a long, long time.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>There is a large segment of society that always has been (and always will be) far more offended by crimes against animals than crimes against humans.

If Vick's crime(s) had been rape or assault or some such thing, people like Tucker would probably see no reason to comment. >>

Nah, Carlson is way over the top in a lot of opinions, but he's quite consistent on the issues from my experience.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frankly...in my view, the comment is obviously geared against Obama for supporting Vick, although at the very least, the remark is in very poor taste.

All Republicans have to do to win in 2012 is for the new House to initiate Tea Party ideas, nominate almost any moderate conservative candidate for president, and basically keep their mouths shut about everything else...but idiotic remarks such as this could undermine the effort. If Tucker has any other thoughts about making any more asinine comments such as this, he should just STFU.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    I thought this thread was about Jerry Jones? I'm disappointed.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought this thread was about Jerry Jones? I'm disappointed.

Most of Scwartzie's threads wind up being disappointing, so this is no different..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Frankly...in my view, the comment is obviously geared against Obama for supporting Vick, although at the very least, the remark is in very poor taste.

All Republicans have to do to win in 2012 is for the new House to initiate Tea Party ideas, nominate almost any moderate conservative candidate for president, and basically keep their mouths shut about everything else...but idiotic remarks such as this could undermine the effort. If Tucker has any other thoughts about making any more asinine comments such as this, he should just STFU. >>

I think Tucker's just jealous because Vick managed to graduate from college.
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    Does anyone care about anything that comes from that network? I guess since the comment was sports related it is not totally OT so... wow!, that's crazy that cooky wannabe intellectual dork said that, sooooo crazy! image

I always thought Michael Tucker was going somewhere, apparently I was wrong, just checked his stats... 12 year career, 7 teams, .256 lifetime average, 4k ab's, 125 hrs, 114 sb's.
  • Options

typical Philly hater...

It is called national news...

sorry, missed all of your riveting threads...

- uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options

<< <i>

typical Philly hater...

It is called national news...

sorry, missed all of your riveting threads... >>

I think he was serious.... I had no idea what you were talking about until stevek posted. "Tucker" doesn't mean a hell of a lot to me.
  • Options
    you are right - I should never assume anything about the audience...

- uncut

• Options

<< <i>you are right - I should never assume anything about the audience... >>

No worries! I think it was idiotic too, btw image