Home U.S. Coin Forum

A really, really nice Barber Dime... not a monster, but nice

airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,114 ✭✭✭✭✭
One of the benefits of photographing dealer stock before it gets publicized is that I can get first dibs when I see something I like. This was one such piece. It's oh-so-close to 65, has a pleasing golden tone, and wonderful lustre, especially on the reverse. It wasn't a type I was pursuing, but for what it is (and being fairly priced), it was too nice to pass up. Plus, the old holder is in especially good shape, and I think the coin looks really good with the dark green label.

(The small patches of softness on the reverse are very light scuffs on the holder)

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research

Comments

• STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    Looks at least like a 65

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a very nice coin Jeremy. Cheers, RickO
  • MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

Nice toning - like it alot.
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭
    Great looking Barber Jeremy.

I am partial to those OGH slabs with the right coin in them and this looks like the right coin. image

Mike
  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,488 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's a nice coin, but it doesn't seem like an "airplanenut keeper" to me. Usually the coins you post are WAY more cool. Time will tell.
  • coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just bought a 1906-O quarter that looks like its twin. I like it a lot jeremy. Good get. I am looking for one for type purposes if you want to flip it.
  • ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,778 ✭✭✭✭

And a green label slab to boot!

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,114 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>it's a nice coin, but it doesn't seem like an "airplanenut keeper" to me. Usually the coins you post are WAY more cool. Time will tell. >>

You need to define way more cool. While many are much more heavily toned, I also really like simpler pieces that are just really nice for what they are. I've even got a few white Morgans (image) that have light, frosty skins and are simply pretty, original coins. What I don't keep is something that lacks originality and has no oomph in any department.
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file