Home U.S. Coin Forum

I feel sorry for the Sniffer if PCGS ever does Exonumia...

BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
As per a Stack's auction lot description =

These numismatically made pieces were particularly popular with John J. Ford, Jr., who theorized that they were placed in horse manure (his idea) and left to age for a period, by which time they became lightly etched, giving them the appearance of having been in circulation or perhaps recovered from some buried hoard, thus seemingly legitimizing them.
To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!

Comments

• Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭
    Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,
  • jhdflajhdfla Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭
    Hey Broadstruck, quit horsin' around image
  • keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he epitomizes everything that's good and quite a lot of what's bad about the Hobby, so nothing i hear about him surprises me anymore.
  • keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    and since you brought up Stack's, i will mention that their search engine SUCKS canal water. it makes the bruhaha caused by the changes at Heritage seem silly to me.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many, many of the coins shown here appear to have resided in horse manure for various periods. imageimage Cheers, RickO
  • Aegis3Aegis3 Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭
    Bushnell restrikes are cool, if too expensive for many of us.
    --

Ed. S.

(EJS)
  • pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭
    Does that make Ford a horse 'doctor'?
    Paul
  • Sounds like a lot of BS to meimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file