Home U.S. Coin Forum

Anyone like toned Walkers?Still has to go to CAC

Great coins are not cheap,and cheap coins are not great!

Comments

• Not bad, but IMO not up to your quality lloyd
  • joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Not bad, but IMO not up to your quality lloyd >>

I agree
    may the fonz be with you...always...
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it a lot!!!! Walkers just do not tone like Morgans or Franklins. They are truly few and far between..............JMHO. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it a lot
  • tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice!
  • SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's an excellent one Lloyd! When I first saw the colors I thought '47 mint set and then looked at the date. Very hard to get that date/mm looking like that.
  • Lloyd why don't you try to get this one image

PCGS MS68

• bestclser1bestclser1 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    I believe that was spoken for.Mikeys scans never quite show what the coin looks like,but are a great color map.image
  • AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice one bestclser...One beauty for a pre 40`s... image

ABimage

<< <i>Nice one bestclser...One beauty for a pre 40`s... image

ABimage >>

Thanks AB.image
    STAMFORD COINFESTimage
  • Very nice. You dont see rainbows like that. Doesnt have the symmetry most would like but man the colors are there.
  • MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭
    I like the coin a lot. If that's not up to your quality, like some posters suggest, I'd like to see a coin that is. Toned walkers are not common.
    Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not like tarnished Walkers..... ruins the artistry of the coin. Cheers, RickO
  • If that tarnish doesn't get a CAC sticker, I don't know what will. They're squirrely enough to endorse that, no question about it.
  • PawPaulPawPaul Posts: 5,845
    .......it is sure up to my standards - I would take it in a heartbeat
  • etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭
    I love toned Walkers and this one is a beauty.image

Mike
    Thanks gentleman who liked it.If you didnt,what can i say.imageimage
  • truthtellertruthteller Posts: 1,240 ✭✭
    Is it for sale?

TRUTH
  • lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,870 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do.
    LCoopie = Les
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Lloyd why don't you try to get this one image

PCGS MS68

image >>

Talk about a juiced pic! Someones thumb got stuck on the saturation button.
  • au58au58 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭
    If it goes to CAC and they agree, are you going to like it more?
    If they don't agree, are you going to like it less?
    Will the value be different, even though it's the same coin?
  • coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,484 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If it goes to CAC and they agree, are you going to like it more?
    Will the value be different, even though it's the same coin? >>

I was wondering why someone would bother to submit the coin to CAC. The color looks unquestionably original and I can't see what would be gained (monetarily, or with respect to peace of mind) from a CAC sticker.
  • Nice head detail.
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • anablepanablep Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck with CAC.

Not my style of color, but WLH are beautiful coins nonetheless.
    Always looking for attractive rim toned Morgan and Peace dollars in PCGS or (older) ANA/ANACS holders!

"Bongo hurtles along the rain soaked highway of life on underinflated bald retread tires."

~Wayne
  • TomBTomB Posts: 21,126 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it is a very pretty coin, but unlike coinguy1 I think the coin would at least benefit in possible liquidity with a CAC sticker as opposed to no sticker.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

For the liquidity factor Mark.CAC coins generally bring more money.Thats all.image
  • I've onlly looked at a couple of posts tonight, glad I looked at yours!! Nice.image
  • darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
    Great looking original coin. To the ones who don't like it- show me a better toned one.

<< <i>Is it for sale?

TRUTH >>

Since i have received 4 PMs,yes for the right deal.Preferably Gold Modern,Saint,UHR,CASH,or $10 Injun. Keep those cards and letters coming.image
  • i see you purchased it from david, lloyd image

• << <i>For the liquidity factor Mark.CAC coins generally bring more money.Thats all.image >>

Unique monster toned coins like that dont really gain anything from CAC. The coin stands on its own merits. A normal non toned run of the mill one yeah it may gain from being Caced. I think that is what Mark was saying if I may be so bold. image
  • RWBRWB Posts: 8,082
    Why does it have to go to CAC or ACA or CCA or ACC or any other place for a sticker? That will not change the coin.
  • coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,484 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>For the liquidity factor Mark.CAC coins generally bring more money.Thats all.image >>

Unique monster toned coins like that dont really gain anything from CAC. The coin stands on its own merits. A normal non toned run of the mill one yeah it may gain from being Caced. I think that is what Mark was saying if I may be so bold. image >>

That's more or less what I was thinking. The extra value in that coin would be in the color. So, unless the color were questionable, I don't see how a CAC sticker would matter.

• << <i>For the liquidity factor Mark.CAC coins generally bring more money.Thats all.image >>

That's right. And the folks who don't think that are overestimating the intelligence of the market. Today it's all about the holders and the stars and the plusses and the stickers and I hope I didn't miss anything, but, i.e., the endorsements, the packaging. Of course you don't want to tell that to these "collectors," because they'll remind you, they look at the coin!
    I like the coin as is.PCGS liked the coin to a 66 grade,its not a 67,but i am no grader,especially on Walkers.It is for sale via PM.EVERYONE HAPPY NOW?

• << <i>I like the coin as is.PCGS liked the coin to a 66 grade,its not a 67,but i am no grader,especially on Walkers.It is for sale via PM.EVERYONE HAPPY NOW? >>

Bestclser1, FWIW, I zoomed it up on zoomFox, that's a legitimate, technical MS-66. It didn't get any help from that stunning tarnish, I'm saying...and, that bodes very well for it. Condition-wise, it's every bit a MS-66.

<< <i>

<< <i>I like the coin as is.PCGS liked the coin to a 66 grade,its not a 67,but i am no grader,especially on Walkers.It is for sale via PM.EVERYONE HAPPY NOW? >>

Bestclser1, FWIW, I zoomed it up on zoomFox, that's a legitimate, technical MS-66. It didn't get any help from that stunning tarnish, I'm saying...and, that bodes very well for it. Condition-wise, it's every bit a MS-66. >>

Thanks Kurtdog!image
    BTW,Anyone ever seen a 37-D come a little PL as well?Thanks in advance.image
  • TomBTomB Posts: 21,126 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>For the liquidity factor Mark.CAC coins generally bring more money.Thats all.image >>

Unique monster toned coins like that dont really gain anything from CAC. The coin stands on its own merits. A normal non toned run of the mill one yeah it may gain from being Caced. I think that is what Mark was saying if I may be so bold. image >>

That's more or less what I was thinking. The extra value in that coin would be in the color. So, unless the color were questionable, I don't see how a CAC sticker would matter. >>

I still don't agree with you, Mark.image The colors in the image look fine to me, too, but we both know that there is an enormous population of collectors who prefer or require PCGS certified coins especially when dealing with toned coins and I believe there is a newer, albeit smaller, population of collectors who now demand or prefer the CAC sticker on such coins. That smaller population improves the liquidity and perhaps the price, too.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

Have to agree on pric/value.Dealer A sells a 1942 Walker in 66 to client for 1200.Client has it stickered.Sells in Heritage auction for 4K plus juice.Same coin,but next time will dealer A sticker the coin?If it was me,though i am just a collector,i would.Best,LCimage
  • richardshipprichardshipp Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭
    Looks great to me.
  • veryfineveryfine Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>If it goes to CAC and they agree, are you going to like it more?
    Will the value be different, even though it's the same coin? >>

I was wondering why someone would bother to submit the coin to CAC. The color looks unquestionably original and I can't see what would be gained (monetarily, or with respect to peace of mind) from a CAC sticker. >>

I think your answer would apply to the more sophisticated, seasoned numismatist who knows what he likes and understands the value of a nicely toned coin.
    The CAC sticker might appeal to the collector who doesn't always trust his instincts. Imagine a collector sitting on the fence and wondering; "I like it but I'm not sure if I should buy it, however, since both PCGS AND CAC give their seals of approval, then it must be spectacular."
    TTT

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file