Home U.S. Coin Forum

Numismatic Goals For 2011

AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
Happy New Year everyone... image What would be some of your numismatic goals for the new year?
One of mine would be to go to my first coin show...Any ideas which one would be cool to do?

ABimage

Comments

• BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    after purchasing an early dollar recently my numismatic goal is to save the money to buy a pcgs mint state seated dollar which means that will probably be the only coin I buy in 2011.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • MrDMrD Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭
    I would say the FUN show would be my #1 choice (which I am attending). image
  • SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FUN would work for you AB as you might actually get to see above freezing temperatures in January.

Numismatic goals huh? Maybe sell a Morgan or two to this collector I know North of the Border.

Other than that, I've got my eyes on a nice proof Barber 10c or 25c from 1893, or a nice business strike (non-gold) coin from 1858. Of course an upgrade or two to my toner Franklin collection would be nice.
  • illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you've never been to a show before, I think you should start out with a smaller local show. Would give you an idea of how things are, but wouldn't overwhelm you like some of the big shows.

For 2011 I'd like to add a few more of the harder to find varieties to my 1909 Mint Set, hopefully a few of them come out of the woodwork!!!

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not set goals... it is a hobby, meant to be enjoyed, relaxing and, at times, exciting. Goals are for work or dieters. Cheers, RickO
  • morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My goal is to find one outrageously toned Morgan.
    Sort of like the OP's avatar.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭
    To complete my herd at 70% of greysheet!image
  • DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Find a 2C., 3CN, or 3CS in a Doily !!!!!!!!!!!!

. . . and buy it for 10% back of sheet.

Uh huh.

Drunner
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think the main goal right now is a job ( great economy i know ) then go after some bust half stuff. image
  • MercfanMercfan Posts: 700 ✭✭
    This is the year in which I'm going to take care of some unfinished business:

1) Get a problem-free, well-circulated '32-S to finish the Whitman album ('32 to '64 Washington quarters) that I started working on from change in 1964;
    2) Get six problem-free, circulated coins to finish the earlier of the two Whitman albums I started working on from change in 1967;
    3) Make some serious headway on my recently begun circulated and BU Franklin albums--aiming to fill most of the circulated album with coins from "junk silver" trades; and
    4) Get back to making some progress on the "tough twenty" in my Merc registry set. Two or three nice additions here would make 2011 a very successful year.

This may be too ambitious for a guy of moderate means with twin daughters attending a private university and a son in law school image, but it helps to have specific goals in writing.

"Coin collecting problem"? What "coin collecting problem"?
  • TevaTeva Posts: 830
    I have a box of twenty that I am going to send to auction.
    I have been planing on doing this for several months and have done my homework. No guts no gloryimage
    Give the laziest man the toughest job and he will find the easiest way to get it done.
  • speetyspeety Posts: 5,424

<< <i>after purchasing an early dollar recently my numismatic goal is to save the money to buy a pcgs mint state seated dollar which means that will probably be the only coin I buy in 2011. >>

Good Goal!! image

I have two: (1) Find another Wiener medal case (or three...) and (2) Work on upgrading the seated dollars.
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file