1941 Slanted 1 Lincoln Cent

Has anyone heard of this error
coins are my life

Comments

• BobSavBobSav Posts: 935 ✭✭✭
    No, that's a new one on me.

Bob
    Past transactions with:
    Lordmarcovan, WTCG, YogiBerraFan, Phoenin21, LindeDad, Coll3ctor, blue594, robkoll, Mike Dixon, BloodMan, Flakthat and others.
  • Here, give these a goin' over...

• do you have any info on the value of the coin or how it was caused?
    coins are my life
  • These aren't mint errors. They're hits from a machine. I believe a rolling machine.
  • tincuptincup Posts: 5,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If similar to the ones that kurtdog posted pics of..... no additional value as this is post mint damage.
    ----- kj
  • FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 5,808 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As mentioned, it's damaged from
    a counting/rolling machine......

You can see the leftover metal
    where the slanted "1" came from....

Retired Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV. Retired Authenticator for Major Mint Errors
    for PCGS. A 49+-Year PNG Member...A full numismatist since 1972, retired in 2022
  • Fred, notice how the angles of displacement on these are relatively uniform. I think when I write my book on post-mint counting and rolling machine damage, I'm going to include these in my top 100. image
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So frequently, non numismatists will find PMD and believe they have a valuable error. And just try talking them out of it. Wow. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file