Home U.S. Coin Forum

Anyone Like Old Money Clips and Old Cars? Look Inside for a Promo Pontiac Money Clip

RampageRampage Posts: 9,436 ✭✭✭✭
I picked this one up a couple of days ago. The local shop was going to take the Morgan out and throw the clip away, so I decided to save it. image The very first car I ever had was a Pontiac. I miss that car. Anyway, here she is...what do you think?

Edited: I tried looking these things up on the internet, but cannot find anything about them. I did, however, find one that sold on eBay in early December that has a 1922 Peace dollar in it, though.

Comments

• BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭
    That's Pontiac's original logo so that was probably a brand new coin when that was made. Thank you for saving it!
    Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • very nice
    i had a 1965 Pontiac
    big tank!!
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    way coool, i dont remember seeing them before. still nice to see it image
  • TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imagecool item!
    Trade $'s
  • mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
  • blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty dang cool.....
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • RampageRampage Posts: 9,436 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That's Pontiac's original logo so that was probably a brand new coin when that was made. Thank you for saving it! >>

One of these days I will buy me a Star Chief. image If not that, then a Chevy Bel Aire. I love both of those cars.

• JBNJBN Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>very nice
    i had a 1965 Pontiac
    big tank!! >>

Same here! A Grand Prix. Loaded, including electric wing windows. Huge deep dish tilting wood wheel. 'Reverbophonic' radio - the rear speaker sound was delayed a fraction of a second.

Had 'Electro-Cruise'. A knob on the speedometer allowed you to change the speed control setpoint. I loved passing people with the turn of a knob.

Sad that I sold it, but wound up only driving it once a month or so - was too afraid it would get dinged up or swiped.

I loved that car.

The high beam indicator light was shaped like the Indian chief in the OP's money clip.
  • rld14rld14 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭
    VERY Cool! Good job saving that! I've had a couple of 58s... in my pre-Madoff days.
    Bear's "Growl of Approval" award 10/09 & 3/10 | "YOU SUCK" - PonyExpress8|"F the doctors!" - homerunhall | I hate my car
  • dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a neat piece. I like car/coin items. I believe the Indian Head logo was used until the early 1950s.

Here is my Pontiac (1977 Catalina Safari wagon with 400-4bbl V8, bored and stroked to 465 cubic inches image )
  • FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a very cool item! I'm glad you saved it.

Nice ride dcarr. I rode alot of miles in a '77 Grand Prix.
    They don't make 'em like that anymore.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good save, I pulled one out of belt buckle a few years ago.. the buckle was crap. Cheers, RickO
  • A customer (and friend) is going to Las Vegas this month to pick up a Super Duty 421 that came out of a 1962 Catalina in 1964!

I'm restoring my 1957 Chevy 2 dr hardtop and hope to get it back on the road this year.

Maybe I'll sell a few plated Chapman's or Woodward's to finish it up.image
    PM me if you are looking for U.S. auction catalogs
  • tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
    From a car guy thanks for saving that. Worth much more than melt!
  • mustanggtmustanggt Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good save...
  • SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the Catalina Safari!!!!!!!

• RampageRampage Posts: 9,436 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all. Glad you all like it. image You are correct, it is worth much more than melt, purely from a history of US automobile standpoint. image

• SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a fun item! Good on you for saving it.
  • Great money clip from a line that is now gone. I remember when my Dad came home in a new '55, later bought a '59 and finally a '60 Bonneville convertible, I think it cost more than a Caddy . It was a boat, we drove it from Boston to San Francisco, took it on a ship to Honolulu, and sold it after we found out what the price of gas in Hawaii was (I think about 35 centa a gallon).
    That is a very cool piece, I love automobilia.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file