Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Grading opinions: What do you think this Bobby Hull rookie card will grade? POPPAGE :)

I got this signed Bobby Hull rookie card for my collection, and just got it in today. What do you think this would grade (card grade, not auto grade)?

Buying US Presidential autographs

Comments

• swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    PSA 5

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    PSA 5 MK. image Nice card! Congrats!
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    The card is a gorgeous PSA 5, but subbing it through PSA/DNA, I would not be surprised to see it get a PSA 6. It seems they're a little more lenient with regard to grading cards that have been autographed. I don't know whether this is intentional or not, but it is appreciable based upon my personal experience.
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the opinions so far. I do agree that they do seem a little more lenient on auto cards. Anyone know what VCP is on a 5 and 6? Just trying to determine how I did pricewise with my purchase.

Mike
    Under a grand and you're in like Flynn! I'm guessing you paid between $500-750 and if that's the case, you're golden.
  • 54topps54topps Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭
    I would guess PSA 5 to 5.5. That is a very nicely centered Hull rookie. No matter what the grade its a beautiful card.

• << <i>Under a grand and you're in like Flynn! I'm guessing you paid between $500-750 and if that's the case, you're golden. >>

GREAT PUN!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle

<< <i>

<< <i>Under a grand and you're in like Flynn! I'm guessing you paid between $500-750 and if that's the case, you're golden. >>

GREAT PUN! >>

Thanks, but it would've worked better if I capitalized it... Glad someone noticed.
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    6 isn't out of the question at all image
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    Solid 5.5 with a great chance at 6. Outstanding example of Bobby Hull RC. image
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice looking card. I would say a 6
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Mike ... I'd say an EZ 5 with a chance at a 6. Get that baby in a SLAB!

I think I am going to be sending some in on the January $10.00 PSA/DNA special.

RE: The special ... Can you designate some cards to be graded "Authentic" and others to get a grade on the same submission form? I THINK you can but I am not 100% positive.

The January Special is obviously RED FLIP, right?????
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
    Y'all were pretty good with your estimates. Just got poppage about half an hour ago.

18684426 EXCELLENT+ 5.5 1958 TOPPS 66 BOBBY HULL PSA/DNA CERTIFIED

I was hoping for at least a 5 so I'm extremely satisfied with the result. The upper right corner probably kept it from a 6. I think it's in the right holder at a 5.5, good job PSA.

Mike

• cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on the grade Mike. That is an awesome card!!! image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    I am so jealous, that card is sick! I have a feeling you made out like a bandit on that one.
  • artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭
    That is a great looking card, congrats!

Where did you ever find a raw copy that nice?
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
    John and Matthew,

It came from Classic Collectibles in Quebec, Canada. Board member HockeyAutoCollector (Sean) had seen that I had needed it, and he graciously picked it up for me and allowed me to buy it when it was good for me. A great gesture on his part, and an awesome card. It was a little over $600.00. There are so many good people on this board willing to help. A lot of times we only read about the stuff gone bad, but I can personally attest that there's some good people on CU.

Mike
  • Mike,

Great card of a hockey legend, it looks like you could get at least 1k on ebay for it as this card got $1,100 and is in bad shape:

Hull Rookie
  • Mike,

I am glad to see everything worked out with the Hull. It was a great looking Hull when I saw it and I am sure it will look even better when you get it back from PSA! Happy to help you add it to your collection.
    Thanks
    Sean

Always Looking for vintage hockey autographs

The Broderick Collection
  • HOLY CR*P!!!

that card UNSIGNED in a 5 is hard as heck to get!

that is amazing!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle