Home Sports Talk
Options

I had to smile when I read Steve's 2008 prediction for 2009....

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
"The Cowboys will be lucky to be 8-8"

Not only were we much better than 8-8. We won the NFC East and thumped the eagletts 3 count'em 3 times!image

Comments

• Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    <<<<Not only were we much better than 8-8. We won the NFC East and thumped the eagletts 3 count'em 3 times>>>>

Ahhhh, the glory days of Cowboys football.....
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Welcome back to reality, 2011...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    ymareaymarea Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭
    Dimeman,

From one Cowboy fan to another, you gotta let go of the past. The only thing that matters is that we STINK this year.
    Brett
  • Options
    >>>From one Cowboy fan to another, you gotta let go of the past. The only thing that matters is that we STINK this year.<<<

You guys are UNBELIEVABLE !!! I was just talking last year. I guess half the teams in the NFL SUCK, because they lost last week!

N O W is the O N L Y thing that matters.

That's bull sh!t!!!

The Cowboys have won 5 Super Bowls

8 NFC Championships

The NFC East who knows how many times!

Hold the record for most consecutive years to the playoffs

And on and on and on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes it means something.......it's not just about last week or last year or the last 10 years....it's about what a team has accomplished over their history!!
  • Options
    ymareaymarea Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭
    Dimeman,

All those accomplishments you cite are great memories for us Cowboy fans to dwell upon, and make great ammunition when talking about all-time performances and best-ever franchises. However, when a team is as bad as the 2010 Cowboys have been--and they have been terrible--boasting about the past, even the recent past, does nothing to deflect from their present state. In fact, doing so only draws more attention to their recent demise.

Sometimes it's best to simply say, "Wait 'til next year."
    Brett
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    Stevie makes alot of predictions.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is the post from the recent regurgitated thread:

<<<<< Saturday February 02, 2008 4:44 PM

Giants may be great, but the Eagles will be greater. The Eagles are sitting on a monster season this year - no doubt about it. This upcoming season is Super Bowl here we come!

PS: Cowboys go down the tubes this upcoming season - they'll be 8 - 8 if they're lucky. >>>>>

Here is the result for the 2008 season:

NFC East Team W L T Pct PF PA Net Pts TD Home Road Div Pct Conf Pct Non-Conf Streak Last 5
    *- New York Giants 12 4 0 .750 427 294 133 45 7-1 5-3 4-2 .667 9-3 .750 3-1 1L 2-3
    y- Philadelphia Eagles 9 6 1 .594 416 289 127 45 6-2 3-4-1 2-4 .333 7-5 .583 2-1-1 1W 4-1
    Dallas Cowboys 9 7 0 .563 362 365 -3 43 6-2 3-5 3-3 .500 7-5 .583 2-2 2L 2-3
    Washington Redskins 8 8 0 .500 265 296 -31 27 4-4 4-4 3-3 .500 7-5 .583 1-3 1L 1-4

The Giants turned out to be better in the regular season than the Eagles, however the Eagles did defeat them handily in the second playoff game.The Eagles made it to the NFC championship game but lost to a team, if I'm remembering right, the Eagles were solid favorites in that game. The Cowboys didn't even get in the playoffs. Overall, a pretty decent prediction considering how unpredictable the NFL can be. Case closed.

PS: If you're gonna talk smack about a particular season, then please do it properly and use the correct season. Thank you.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stevie makes alot of predictions.

Steve did predict that Secretariat would win the 1973 Belmont Stakes, if my memory serves me correctly...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Ah, Steve, I like him very much, but he no help with curve ball.

Edit: Dimeman, I appreciate the fact that you're a Cowboy fan but I really don't get this thread.
  • Options
    Steve, 2008 was NOT the year in question...........it was 2009.....if you would read my post correctly!!!!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Stevie makes alot of predictions.

Steve did predict that Secretariat would win the 1973 Belmont Stakes, if my memory serves me correctly... >>

No, I missed it - I played Man O' War in that race.
  • Options

<< <i>Ah, Steve, I like him very much, but he no help with curve ball.

Edit: Dimeman, I appreciate the fact that you're a Cowboy fan but I really don't get this thread. >>

I think Dimeman may have just sipped the brandy eggnog a little too much before New Years. image
  • Options
    It's pretty easy to understand Steve.

In a 2008 thread you said the Cowboys wouldn't even be 8-8 in 2009 and would really suck.

Well, I just brought to your attention what really happened in 2009!image Do ya get it now?
  • Options

<< <i>It's pretty easy to understand Steve.

In a 2008 thread you said the Cowboys wouldn't even be 8-8 in 2009 and would really suck.

Well, I just brought to your attention what really happened in 2009!image Do ya get it now? >>

Why not relax, have another cup of eggnog, and you can look forward to watching the NFC East champion Philadelphia Eagles in the playoffs. image
  • Options
    Steve I really like how you avoid the truth.image

You are the one who had better relax because unless you draw the NFC West champs......it's 1 and out for the eagletts!

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    < Stevie makes alot of predictions.

Steve did predict that Secretariat would win the 1973 Belmont Stakes, if my memory serves me correctly... >>

No, I missed it - I played Man O' War in that race.

I thought it was Twice A Prince, LOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>"The Cowboys will be lucky to be 8-8"

Not only were we much better than 8-8. We won the NFC East and thumped the eagletts 3 count'em 3 times!image >>

Steve's prediction was spot on. He was just a year early.
  • Options

<< <i>Steve I really like how you avoid the truth.image

You are the one who had better relax because unless you draw the NFC West champs......it's 1 and out for the eagletts!

image >>

Here's a good link for you...my suggestion to ya...take the "full half hour"...sip your eggnog and enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    I think Egg Nog is very underrated.