Home Sports Talk

Favre fined $50,000 for text message scandal

No big deal, just pocket change to him, he has only one more game left in his career so the NFL probably figures that suspending
him at this point would be a joke.

Comments

• And in other news, Joe the plumber got fined ten dollars by his boss for coming back ten minutes late from his lunch break.
  • swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Nice to see it only took the NFL two months to levy this fine...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • TabeTabe Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course, the fine isn't even FOR the text messages - it's for Favre lying to the NFL during their investigation. Nice.

Tabe
  • GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    What does Favre care, he is all done this season and he knew if he stretched it out long enough all they would do is fine him.
  • jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    somewhere i read that it only takes him 3 mins of playing time to earn that $50,000.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • purduepetepurduepete Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What does Favre care, he is all done this season and he knew if he stretched it out long enough all they would do is fine him. >>

That's what she said! image
    Tom

Collecting: Topps 1952-79, Bowman 1952-55, OPC 1965-71, and Pre-War White Sox cards
  • ddfamfddfamf Posts: 507 ✭✭
    As my avatar implies, boys will be boys!
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    How'd he get her number image
  • ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>What does Favre care, he is all done this season and he knew if he stretched it out long enough all they would do is fine him. >>

That's what she said! image >>

Hah! Nice.
  • SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like Favre was penalized for a "process" crime [not coopreating with the NFL and/or lying to the NFL] instead of being penalized for doing something wrong [sending nekid pics of him to the young woman].

Sort of like what happened to Scooter Libby.
  • calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How'd he get her number image >>

Really !!!
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • TabeTabe Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>How'd he get her number image >>

Really !!! >>

There was another Jets employee involved in this from the beginning but that's kinda been glossed over. I would imagine he got it from that guy - or from Sterger herself. Giving Favre her phone number - which could very well have been for legit reasons given her job - doesn't mean she's "asking for it" or anything else.

Tabe
  • ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow this is really surprising. In a typcial workplace, Favre would be fired on the spot for sexual harassment. I guess passing for 70,000+ yards gets you lots of goodwill.
  • Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭✭
    I actually thought the league was going to handle this over a month ago. They did not want to suspend a hall of famer is what I'm gathering. I believe this weakens the Commish's overall credibility. In essence they wanted this to disappear. I'm actually surprised with the Commish's policies regarding personal conduct. Obviously, Favre did something wrong.
  • GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    This is the only way Favre is relevent anymore.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He should have run for that first down on fourth down vs NO last January..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    Joe Webb is carrying my fantasy team right now.
  • MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect Mrs. Favre is fining him a helluva lot more than a paltry $50k.
  • I am so done with farve. Done, done, done.
  • Sent into oblivion as a LOSER...BY THE LIONS!!! Ha ha

See you on TMZ, Farve!
    South of Heaven...North of Canada
  • bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>Sent into oblivion as a LOSER...BY THE LIONS!!! Ha ha

See you on TMZ, Farve! >>

Like him, love him, hate him or just tired of him - it's sad to see him go out the way he did, face down on the frozen turf. This may actually rank up there with Namath in a Rams jersey or Unitas in a Chargers one for sadness.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq