Home Precious Metals

Did I get a good deal? I think the math is correct.

E-Bay Auction

OK, let's assume it's 22 OZ Sterling (I have seen them listed as 21.5 to 22.5), so 22 times .925 = 20.35 OZ @ $29 per OZ = $590.15 worth of silver. I think I'm correct so far.

Paid $525 plus got $52.50 back in E-Bay bucks. So I paid $472.50 or $23.62 per ounce.

Correct???

It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

Comments

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you did well on this transaction. Not sure what the refineries are paying for sterling these days but you should make a profit.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Seems like a great deal if the math is correct. You could save another 5% with Mrrebates.

How did you get 10% in ebay bucks, I'm only seeing 2% right now?
  • fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny how much they resemble the statehood quarters. And they were made 41 years ago.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theoretically you did good. Keep in mind however, that Sterling Silver is the "arm pit" of all PM's & normally sells below melt.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • braddickbraddick Posts: 23,099 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'll be fun to watch this auction, for the same item, close:

Franklin Mint Sterling

peacockcoins

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,392 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Theoretically you did good. Keep in mind however, that Sterling Silver is the "arm pit" of all PM's & normally sells below melt. >>

I thought war nickels and 40% Kennedy halves were the arm pits of all PM's.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Theoretically you did good. Keep in mind however, that Sterling Silver is the "arm pit" of all PM's & normally sells below melt. >>

I thought war nickels and 40% Kennedy halves were the arm pits of all PM's. >>

We are talking Rounds or Bars...not coins. For coins, you're right on the money.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."