Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Not a great start on Christmas.

Went out to lunch on the Yamaha with my wife on the back on Friday Afternoon. Coming back I hit the rear Quarter panel of a 89 Dodge Station wagon that pulled into my path from a cross street. 40 years of Riding and one of them finally got me. I spent a few Hours in the emergency room, but my wife had to be helicoptered out to Orlando regional. She broke a couple rib and her pelvis. Got her home last night with a great deal of pain and effort. They wanted to put her in a nursing home to heal, but she insisted that Home was the best place.

After I got out of the Emergency room ,I realized that I was under dressed for the Coolness and I was locked out of my House. The house key went with my wife about 60 miles away.

So there I stood with a hammer and screwdriver , Freezing my buns off breaking a window in my utility Room so I could climb in. My injuries are road rash and mid spine pain and spasms. It was a very unpleasant experience getting through that window, and That day. The last two have only been slightly less miserable, But what the hell, I got the Christmas lights up last Thursday. Merry Christmas folks.

A picture of a bad case of Road Rash from Wyon.

Comments

• Options
    God that's terrible Dan-more of a Christmas nightmare!

Please keep us posted on your wife's hopefully fast recovery.

All the best...

No,no- the kids and the cat are all right honey.
    It's just that I got my PCGS grades.
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    I am expecting a call today from an in Home Nurse to help. Treading in unknown waters here. At 66 these muscles and bones don't heal as quickly. The doctor said the worst pain would be in three days. Wonderful, here it is and I am glad for the Pain pills and the added Body colors of deep blue and red. Got to call my own Doctor today and see if he can come over.image
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boz11,

Glad your alive .....hope you and your wife heal quickly
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Dan, I'm sorry to hear of your tragic accident. You and your wife are in my prayers.

Wishing y'all a Merry Christmas in any case!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that you and your wife became the latest statistics to stupid inattentive and imbecilic fools that have driver's licenses. May your faith and love for one another draw you to get through this trying time in your lives.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    So sorry to hear this. I hope you both make a quick and full recovery soon.
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wishing you and your wife a speedy, healthy recovery.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭
    Very sorry to hear that. Hope you both have a speedy and total recovery!
    Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • Options
    HussuloHussulo Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭

Dan so sorry to hear of your and your wife's tragic accident and I'm wishing you both a quick recovery.
  • Options
    mnemtsas2mnemtsas2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭
    I am sorry to hear of your troubles, best wishes to you and your wife and I'll pray for a speedy recovery.
    Successful trades with Syracusian, DeiGratia, LordM, WWW, theboz11, CCC2010, Hyperion, ajaan, wybrit, Dennis88 and many others.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. The home Care nurse will be here tomorrow and that will help a lot. I have a couple neighbors coming over shortly to see if we can get My wife back into a comfortable position for sleeping tonight without to much discomfort.
  • Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    Dan - Wishing a speedy recovery for both of you!
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    We are wishing you both a speedy recovery.
  • Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same from here. Wishing you and wife a speedy recovery!
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    That really stinks boz. image

I wish you and your wife speedy recoveries from this.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭
    That sucks. But 40 years without trouble was a pretty good streak image but it doubly sucks that it broke with your wife riding

On the bright side, hopefully you took one more junky old station wagon off the streets for good image

Wishing you guys a speedy recovery and happier, if pain killer laced Christmas!
  • Options
    Kurt4Kurt4 Posts: 492 ✭✭
    Hang in there Boz. Hope you both make a speedy and full recovery.
  • Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    Scary accident. I'm sorry to hear of the rough times, but its good to hear that you are each back home healing. I understand that shiny coins can help you recuperate faster........they helped me get through a broken leg a few years ago.
  • Options
    Thanks, Things are looking a bit better. The wife made it from the living room back to the bedroom with a walker and a little assistance. I was able to assist, and that was betterimage A couple of neighbors helped last night. A Home care Nurse will be here today. That's Good. The cats don't understand the change in schedules.

I got a new bright shiney GB 1872 1/2D from wybrit just before the accident, Hmmmm?image
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accidents really suck, but you can find that there is good in humanity around you when you need them the most. Too bad we are all over the place, otherwise we would be organising a cookout for you!
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    At least you both are safe, albeit not entirely sound. It could have been much worse.

Best wishes for a full recovery to you both.

-Dan
  • Options
    Adding my thoughts and wishes for a speedy and full recovery for both of you. Hang in there, your one of the "Good Guys" and your friends here on the forum appreciate you.
    The glass is half full!
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,053 ✭✭✭
    Sorry about the accident, and injuries to you and yours. Get well, soon.

40 years? It was nearly 40 years ago I was on a moto when I was blasted by a car from the rear and sent into orbit. Never been on a motorcycle since.......
  • Options
    Prayed for both of you from an altitude of over 13,500 feet above sea level. Wishing you both, a speedy recovery!image
    Lurker since '02. Got the seven year itch!

Gary
  • Options
    Good luck to both of you, Boz!

Hope the healing goes fast and the Holidays brighten up a bit for you!

You're the third from the left, I gather?

I never pay too much for my tokens...but every now and then I may buy them too soon.

Proud (but humbled) "You Suck" Designee, February 2010.
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wishing a quick and complete recovery for all.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    AndresAndres Posts: 977 ✭✭✭
    I wish you and your wife a speedy recovery,
    I ride bikes now for 38 years , without any accidents untill now,
    guess I'm a lucky devil , but that can change any day, as you found out.image
    best wishes for 2011 image
    PS: don't forget to sue that ignorant cardriver next year.

collector of Greek banknotes - most beautifull world banknotes - Greek & Roman ancient coins.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to read about this- Hope things improve and Best wishes for 2011

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    Wow - not a good start to the holiday season - I hope you and your wfe have a speedy recovery!!!

Shep
  • Options
    Got an update Dan?

Hope things have settled down and you and your wife can enjoy a good Christmas.
    No,no- the kids and the cat are all right honey.
    It's just that I got my PCGS grades.
  • Options
    My pains have subsided quite a bit, but my wife continues to have a good deal of pain and needs a walker to get to the bath. She says that different pains keep popping up. She Thanks everyone for their concerns and wishes you all a Merry Christmas. Dan
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    Here's wishing everyone will heal fast!

Now, did someone say "cookout?"image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    Let's hope that it will get better by the day Dan. Wishing you both a healthy and accident free 2011. And you can always try to start a new 40 year stretch. image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about your accident, Dan. Hope you both get better soon.