Home Sports Talk
Options

Sanchez and Jets Win at Pittsburgh!

grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
An upset and a win we sorely needed against a very good football team at home!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

Comments

• Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    I didn't see it , but it must have been a great game.
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    Jets fans were sweating at the end. They lucked out Polamalu didnt play.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I wasn't sweating it.

Good for you.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avery exciting finish. I would much rather see the Jets win than the Steelers.image
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I figured there would be a post about this here this morning. I visited here yesterday morning, because I wanted to talk some more smack about how much Sanchez sucks but I couldn't find the Jets thread. Of course, it was buried on page 3 because the Jets lost their last two games, and Jets fans conveniently were nowhere to be found. Of course, now they are back. For now, anyway.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Newsflash...

the Steelers are not that good...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>An upset and a win we sorely needed against a very good football team at home! >>

Man, after watching my other NY team lose on the last play of the game, I was hoping the same thing didn't happen to the Jets. Imagine BOTH teams losing the same day on the last play of the game?????
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    I figured there would be a post about this here this morning. I visited here yesterday morning, because I wanted to talk some more smack about how much Sanchez sucks but I couldn't find the Jets thread. Of course, it was buried on page 3 because the Jets lost their last two games, and Jets fans conveniently were nowhere to be found. Of course, now they are back. For now, anyway.

This is pretty funny coming from the one of the board's biggest fair weather fans, LOL...after last season's ignominious home playoff loss Jerry didn't post here till Opening day I believe. And funny how we never heard from him when the Jets were out to a 9-2 start which included a win over the Pats, but after the game on Monday night here he comes, LOL!! Ask anyone here if I'm a fair weather fan...you may not realize since you are only here when yr team is on top, but I am here win or lose..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>Newsflash...

the Steelers are not that good... >>

They're still one of the top 3 teams in the afc. The game yesterday couldve gone either way and they were without their best defensive player. Pittsburgh has played better on the road this year and has beaten some good teams like atlanta and baltimore.
  • Options
    Pittsburgh is one of the better team in the NFL..don't listen to a nutty Philly fan...

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Newsflash...

the Steelers are not that good... >>

They may not be the best in the NFL but they are still the best team in Pennsylvania.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    Time for Part II!

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice win for son of Buddy Ryan - glad to see it.
  • Options
    dantheman984dantheman984 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I figured there would be a post about this here this morning. I visited here yesterday morning, because I wanted to talk some more smack about how much Sanchez sucks but I couldn't find the Jets thread. Of course, it was buried on page 3 because the Jets lost their last two games, and Jets fans conveniently were nowhere to be found. Of course, now they are back. For now, anyway. >>

That`s Funny!!!!!!
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    looks as if Sanchez and Mendenhall get a rematch- Mendenhall just may win this time

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Jets-Steelers, Part II...should be a great game. The Steelers will at least have Polamalu for this meeting. The Steelers need to keep playing patchwork with that offensive line against an agressive D by the Jets...it will be fun!
  • Options

<< <i>Jets-Steelers, Part II...should be a great game. The Steelers will at least have Polamalu for this meeting. The Steelers need to keep playing patchwork with that offensive line against an agressive D by the Jets...it will be fun! >>

It will be a close game! Good Luck!
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Jets played a real good game against a very good team. One of these days the JETS will get the credit they deserve. Two Championship game appearances in two years. Would love to see them in the Super Bowl. LETS GO JETS!!!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    The Steelers open as a 3-pt favorite....Am I missing something here? I figured the line was going to open at 6.

Please tell me the oddsmakers aren't putting that much stock into the Jets regular season win with Polamalu out? If this Jets/Pats game told us anything, it's that the regular season doesn't count for much at this time of year.
  • Options
    Please tell me the oddsmakers aren't putting that much stock into the Jets regular season win with Polamalu out?

I think it's more like they're putting stock into the Jets beating Manning and Brady on the road in back to back weeks..

• Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    <<<I think it's more like they're putting stock into the Jets beating Manning and Brady on the road in back to back weeks.. >>>

I get that. The difference between the Steelers and those two teams though is that the Steelers can play defense. I think the line moves to 4 by kickoff.
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    I have to go with the Steelers on this one.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be rootin for the Jets on this one.........can't put into words how much I hate the steelers!!!!!!

I also think the Packers get it done in Chicago.......the sea-turds were a laugh!! The saints should hide their heads in the sand!! They kinda reminded me of the eagletts!!image
  • Options
    It's going to be a tough battle, but Polamalu didn't play all that well vs ravens and doesn't seem his usual self, and the Jets D are no slouches either...should be a close, hard fought game. Steelers D is definitely tougher than either Indy or NE..

• Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    It will be a battle between two really good defenses.
  • Options
    top rated defenses this year..per points per game.

1. Pittsburgh
    2. Baltimore
    3. NYJ
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    We need Fitzgerald to chime in here.

Good for you.
  • Options
    CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    Steelers opened at -3? Hmmmm, I too think it will move to maybe -5 or even -5.5 before game time.

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's going to be a tough battle, but Polamalu didn't play all that well vs ravens and doesn't seem his usual self, and the Jets D are no slouches either...should be a close, hard fought game. Steelers D is definitely tougher than either Indy or NE.. >>

Don't put much stock in that. He and Clark switched roles with Clark being the free roamer with 1 INT and 2 tackles behind the LOS.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'll be rootin for the Jets on this one.........can't put into words how much I hate the steelers!!!!!!

I also think the Packers get it done in Chicago.......the sea-turds were a laugh!! The saints should hide their heads in the sand!! They kinda reminded me of the eagletts!!image >>

I wouldn't expect a Cowboy fan to feel any differently about Pittsburgh. Especially if you followed football in the 70s. image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I'll be rootin for the Jets on this one.........can't put into words how much I hate the steelers!!!!!!

I also think the Packers get it done in Chicago.......the sea-turds were a laugh!! The saints should hide their heads in the sand!! They kinda reminded me of the eagletts!!image >>

I wouldn't expect a Cowboy fan to feel any differently about Pittsburgh. Especially if you followed football in the 70s. image >>

Agreed. Bradshaw's record vs the Cowboys....5-1

4-0 against Staubach.
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

I wouldn't expect a Cowboy fan to feel any differently about Pittsburgh. Especially if you followed football in the 70s. image >>

Agreed. Bradshaw's record vs the Cowboys....5-1

4-0 against Staubach. >>

Huh, I don't remember them being on the field against each other. Weren't they platooning by then??
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    If they Sanchez wins in Pittsburgh, his cards should continue to take off.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets go Pittsburgh!
  • Options
    Lets go Pittsburgh!

The only place Pittsburgh is going Sunday is home...image

• Options
    kingnascarkingnascar Posts: 636 ✭✭✭
    GO JETS!!!

Beat Worthlessberger!
  • Options

<< <i>Lets go Pittsburgh!

The only place Pittsburgh is going Sunday is home...image >>

You need to work on your geography dude, Pittsburgh does not call Dallas home and that is where there next game will be come Feb 6th.
  • Options
    Let`s go Jets! Keep playing great Football on Sunday! Then? Onto the Superbowl!!!!image