Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Holy Cow!!! just picked up a very nice set..

Usually I don't post pick ups but this one has me a little excited! very very mint 1986 fleer set

The guy who owned them says around 1990 he had 7 boxes and opened them all making sets, He says he kept the nicest cards from all the boxes to make one set for him to keep and this is it.. Paid alot more than what these sets go for raw usually But I couldn't pass these up..

Every card is razor sharp and centered even the tough commons..

Here's a scan of the Jordan rc.. scanner needs cleaned..will post some more scans later..

Comments

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    beauty. Congrats.
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Ship that thing to Newport Beach ASAP!
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    stunner, maybe a reason to sign up for a psa membership? image
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Yes...so he can get an EVIDENCE OF RECOLORATION as well...
  • Options

<< <i>Yes...so he can get an EVIDENCE OF RECOLORATION as well... >>

Huh?
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Yes...so he can get an EVIDENCE OF RECOLORATION as well... >>

Huh? >>

I think that was a compliment to your scanner, wouldn't mind seeing some other cards...
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    PSA 8.5
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Can you scan the back?
  • Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Nice Card, but Bobby might be right look at the top left and right edges. Could just be the scanner.
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>Nice Card, but Bobby might be right look at the top left and right edges. Could just be the scanner. >>

Nope not a chance... card is legit and I'm betting it will be a 9 looks much nicer in person my scanner just sucks it about 10 years old now..
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>Can you scan the back? >>

Here ya go.

• Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a closeup on Dominique? That card is very difficult to find centered like that. That card could fetch some major moola!

Shane

• Options
    Sorry for the confusion....I was making a reference to the other thread where the submitter pulled a Jordan rookie straight out of a sealed wax pack, and got an EVIDENCE OF RECOLORING assessment....

<< <i>N3: EVIDENCE OF RECOLORATION 1986 FLEER 57 MICHAEL JORDAN I say bull #*@*#**#*#* hockey, really disappointed figured 8 or 8.5 straight from a pack. wait another year or 2 and try again. I just feel cheated this was the main reason I renewed my membership was to get this card graded, plus I was going sell it and then with the money join PCGS and send in about 60 more 86 fleer cards from the same box, but those are probably recolored too (not not not not not). really ticked/@#*#*#* off. >>

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    you were right about the centering. very nice overall from the scans posted. nice pickup.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    DIZZ ... if they are all legit (and there is no reason for me to think they are not) I think you hit an F'in HOME RUN with that set. No wait, maybe even a GRAND SLAM!

Did you ever send an ENTIRE SET to Newport Beach? You may be pretty soon!!

GOOD LUCK!!!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    congrats sir. those are beautiful looking cards.

eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    what about World B. Free?
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    I heard Bill was organizing a group sub!
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but be prepared for the Jordan not to get graded....it looks really good to me, but those graders are notorious for over scrutinizing the Jordan card to the point of wrongly rejecting it.....
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice set!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    I would advise submitting the whole set at the same time. May make it easier to get the Jordan in a holder.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Nice cards Dustin.

Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>what about World B. Free? >>

In the first of these 3 groups..

• Options
    He also Included a Mint 86 Box too.. empty of course
  • Options
    these look very nice!
  • Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    Great looking cards!

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Yeah that's about the best raw set I've ever seen. A centered Johnny Moore is unheard of; the last 10 sold for $5k. A centered checklist without print marks is also tough, as are Nique, Worthy, Kareem and Lucas. Just looking at the scans you're probably looking at about 85-90% PSA 9s, 8-10% PSA 10s and maybe 5% PSA 8s if that. If you don't get at least $5k out of the set after grading I would be shocked (if you decide to sell).
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    nice bird and kareem. did you get the sticker set as well?

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options

<< <i>nice bird and kareem. did you get the sticker set as well? >>

Yeah got the stickers too, They are in great shape but the centering is lacking compared to the base set I'd say 8's across the board on the stickers..
  • Options
    Very very nice Dizzle image
  • Options
    Thanks for the kind words everyone image here's a couple more scans..

• Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    just. wow. image
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Those are beautiful. Nice pickup.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    That's outrageous. Congrats on the pickup. It would be fun to get them all graded at the same time.
  • Options
    Magnificent. image

Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    That is a REALLy nice set. Congrats!

• Options
    I wish I had skin in this game.
  • Options

<< <i>I wish I had skin in this game. >>

Hey Lee, Don't feel too bad Dpecker has no skin in this game either bro.
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    how much would you take for it?
  • Options
    Dizzle...sub as many cards from the set as you can.....hopefully they won't wrongfully reject them...
  • Options

<< <i>how much would you take for it? >>

How much skin do you have?
  • Options
    mike,
    Mark james here and new to this new board. very interesting. can i instant message you?
  • Options

<< <i>mike,
    Mark James here and new to this new board. very interesting. can i instant message you? >>

Former Ryder Cupper from England?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>how much would you take for it? >>

How much skin do you have? >>

9 inches on good days.
  • Options
    Oh boy. I'm not prepared for any new characters in this sitcom. Great cards and potential great entertainment for CU.
    The best pitch to start a hitter off with is always strike one.