Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

PSA 10 1984 Tiffany Don Mattingly For Sale Here $825, BV is $1300

Only 11 graded a perfect 10 out of 368 total. Paypal, money order, check. One of my favorite cards!

Comments

• bighurt2000bighurt2000 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭
    I'm interested would you be willing to take $616 for it.

James
  • kingbeeswaxkingbeeswax Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Nothanks James. I would need to make a profit. If I got lucky and got it for $250 would you not buy it(if you wanted it) for $350? I think I got very lucky getting it for $616 plus 10 shipping. My price is $825. Good detective work but I wasn't hiding anything!
  • I wonder if this one would get a PSA 10 if submitted as a crossover.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120615563686

Seems like it's been up there for a while considering the price, and there's another SGC 98 listed for $2000.
  • yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    There seems to be lots of detectives on here lately. It doesnt matter what people paid for it...maybe people should look for the ultra-deals themselves instead of trying to cause problems for others here. If you can negotiate a deal, fine....if you are not interested, please move on and stop being so damn dramatic!
    Well said yankeeno7. I could see if I asked more than book value maybe, but I am way lower than book. I don't go on other people's pages saying crap like that, so please stop doing it to other people already!
  • Hey I'm just having a conversation.... with myself, apparently.
    You can be over book if you want. On some items, it is actually appropriate. But you have a right to ask any price you want regardless of what you paid. I even have a couple of items on ebay that I put over book and why? cuz Im not interested in selling them unless someone is willing to pay the price if they want it that bad.

<< <i>I wonder if this one would get a PSA 10 if submitted as a crossover.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120615563686

Seems like it's been up there for a while considering the price, and there's another SGC 98 listed for $2000. >>

Possibly CrazyMind2017. That's a good price too for that.
    Sorry to keep ticking people off but the BV of $1300 you refer to is wrong and misleading
    and it is being used to sucker and I mean sucker someone into to buying this card for $825.

The current realized value of this card is around $680 and going down I would have not said
    nothing about your asking price of $825 if you hadn't had thrown in the BV of $1300. This is
    a sight were fair sales and trades are made not deals being made from misleading quotes
    about BV that haven't changed in 10 years.

If you have a problem with me trying to keep someone here from getting misleading
    information about the current vaule of a card than your the one with the problem and
    should not post.

James
    I would buy the other 10 of those for $680 each right now! No1 is trying to sucker anyone into buying the card. $825 is my price and if I don't get it, it will go away to the vault...just offering it here first.
  • I really don't care what you ask for your card, it's your and you have the right to ask whatever you want. I will agree with Bighurt in saying the book value on cards doesn't mean squat. The "book" is nowhere near what's reprensentative of what the market is on not only this card but most. Good Luck with the sale.

• otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    The price is what the eventual buyer and the seller ultimately agree upon.

Book value can go both ways. Have you ever looked at the SMR values of PSA graded 1948 Leaf Football cards? I'll buy at full SMR on virtually every PSA 7 and 8! On the other hand, there are also inflated examples.

What is the thrill of making an issue of someone's asking price? VCP isn't a Bible, either as it still does not reflect BIN realized prices. I recently sold several cards ranging from $200-800 via BIN in a matter of hours and ALL were OVER VCP averages (several being all-time high prices for the grade).
  • In my opinion the card is a solid investment. 11 out of 368...the proof is in the pudding. Its not like, 30 have been graded. I recently sold a 83 Topps Nolan Ryan 10 on Ebay for $120, I felt like the guy got a nice deal. SMR on that card is $70. VCP is a two edge sword. If your looking to resell, obviously you want to be under VCP. If you are looking one for your collection (if that exist anymore), you pay what it is worth to you. Supply and demand principle has worked since the beginning of time and its not going to end on a 84 Topps Tiffany Mattingly 10.....Just my opinion

Is your cup half empty or half full. Example: hey dude your getting screwed, the last one went for $616....flip side: hey dude your getting a deal, Ive seen two of these go for over $1000 bucks!

What is really interesting is if you take the 6 cards listed on VCP you get a average of $853, IMAGINE THAT.....Again, just my opinion.....
    POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS: COUGAR701, HOOPGURU33, BOSOX1976, SSDAWG77, NAM812, CORVETTE1340, CYOTS82, MRMINT23, MCHOLKE, ALO32184 and many others...........
  • Nice card. Only if he was in the HOF.

Dave
  • swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    let people do their own homework...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...

• << <i>let people do their own homework... >>

No kidding! As was mentioned earlier in the thread, there's been way too many "detectives" blowing up someone else's for sale threads. It's one thing if the seller is posting a fake, or doing something underhanded. But getting all pissy because someone is trying to make a few bucks on a card? Isn't that what all sellers of all things try to do? What's the BFD?

BTW, I've bought from this seller before (Kingsbeeswax), no problems great to work with.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>BTW, I've bought from this seller before (Kingsbeeswax), no problems great to work with. >>

I'll second that! I have purchased a few Mantle cards from Mark and the transactions could NOT have gone better.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • mcolney1mcolney1 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭
    VCP is not the bible, but in the last three years a PSA 10 Mattingly has gone from around 1K to just over $600. There is only 6 VCP transactions, but the chart has a downward trend similar to my retirement portfolio.
    Collecting Topps, Philadelphia and Kellogg's from 1964-1989
  • MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

<< <i>There seems to be lots of detectives on here lately. It doesnt matter what people paid for it...maybe people should look for the ultra-deals themselves instead of trying to cause problems for others here. If you can negotiate a deal, fine....if you are not interested, please move on and stop being so damn dramatic! >>

bump for a nice card!
    Thanks all for the kind words....much appreciated. I love the card and I will hold on to it until I get another or when it goes back up. Didn't mean to cause any problems and hope you all have a good weekend.

Thanks, Mark
    Congrats on your sale
  • vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    good stuff
    Congrats on your sale also.

James