Home Precious Metals
Options

$50 Silver Prediction Thread

renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
May 19, 2012

...making the 2010 bullion pucks look reasonable.

r95

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Made a killing with AGQ today, over $25K! Another day like today and I'll be able to afford a set of hockey pucks.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's get to $31 first. Silver is a fickle beast. Let's sneak up on $50....................shhhhhhhh. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe we'll see PMs really take off soon if the tax rate extension doesn't get passed. I predict a lot of equities sellers before the first of the year in order to lock in profits at a lower rate. Suspect many of them will return to the market looking for PMs.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    $50 Ag? Gotta believe that's a ways off. My hat's in the ring for February 14, 2013. A Valetine's Day present! image
  • Options
    Anyone who holds SLV or any of the other paper silver products, will be in for a rude awakening. The massive, Mother-of-All silver short squeezes is occuring. Currently there is a silver bullion shortage. There simply is not enough silver to go around! Even with all production capacity digging it out, there is still not enough physical to satisfy global demand. From not only an industrial use, but the monetary use also. The four biggest bullion banks are short silver, to the tune of approximately 160 days of total global silver production! Now. Is that a big enough short squeeze play?
    Watch for the fireworks to begin soon! Be safe. Own the physical.
    Many successful BST transactions ajia
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
    mariner67, and Mikes coins
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    about the same time when the price of gasoline hits $5.50 a gallon. Lets see who gets there first.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    "...the price of gasoline hits $5.50 a gallon."

Maybe not $5.50 for a while but $3.50-$4 looks very doable for Spring Break.
  • Options
    It's time to put a solar (panel) skin on my Porsche. Hey, now there's an idea (tm). image
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The massive, Mother-of-All silver short squeezes

Hey! That has kind of a catchy ring to it!image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    MesquiteMesquite Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭
    Silver wins. Here.

It amazes me that these market analysist are so dumb (or are playing so dumb) to call $30 a new market high. H3ll, in 1980 dollars, silver has to reach beyond $100 to $150 per oz to reach a new market high. I expect that we will see a true "new" market high in the next few years. JMHO.
    There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
    –John Adams, 1826
  • Options

<< <i>Silver wins. Here.

It amazes me that these market analysist are so dumb (or are playing so dumb) to call $30 a new market high. H3ll, in 1980 dollars, silver has to reach beyond $100 to $150 per oz to reach a new market high. I expect that we will see a true "new" market high in the next few years. JMHO. >>

The same is somewhat true w/gold. We need to see around $2,400 on gold as an adjusted for inflation price to reach a new all time high.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A thread titled $50 silver should have been an alarm bell that a correction was right around the corner. Just saying.

My original thought after silver completed that mini-cup was $31. Got within about 20 cents of that...but then kaputski. Well it finally did fill Sunday night's opening gap at $29.40. image

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    percybpercyb Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭

<< <i>A thread titled $50 silver should have been an alarm bell that a correction was right around the corner. Just saying.

roadrunner >>

First thing I thought about and now we're having the correction....
    "Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." PBShelley
  • Options
    tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
    probably shortly after I sell
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm expecting a correction at $35.

$28.50 will probably hold at that time. $24 certainly will.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>A thread titled $50 silver should have been an alarm bell that a correction was right around the corner. Just saying.

roadrunner >>

First thing I thought about and now we're having the correction.... >>

I'm just here to help my astute Comrades.
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    How appropriate, PMs bombed on December 7.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RR,

Consider that gap filledimage

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    6 month old thread....ok what are your predictions?
    Mine....not this year.
  • Options
    CoulportCoulport Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭
    Silver hits $30 before it hits $50.
    The most money I made are on coins I haven't sold.

Got quoins?
  • Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    $30 would be nice...... I will double down!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • Options
    How soon we forget...

What sayeth ye prognosticators now?
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    $50 by mid 2012. That's my prediction. Nothing to back it up. But my guess is here for prosperity.
  • Options
    scotty1419scotty1419 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭
    Well...did Spooly double down? lol
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1/17/13
    Silver at $50.00 an ounce !!!
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The charts I'm looking at have silver first passing $50 in 2018-2022 and the 200day moving average crossing $50 (implying it could maintain those levels) 2024-2028.

We're expecting silver to bounce around between 20 and 40 for at least 5 more years.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options

<< <i>Silver hits $30 before it hits $50. >>

silver will fall to $18 and gold to $950
    UCSB Electrical Engineering....... USCG and NASA
  • Options

<< <i>The charts I'm looking at have silver first passing $50 in 2018-2022 and the 200day moving average crossing $50 (implying it could maintain those levels) 2024-2028.

We're expecting silver to bounce around between 20 and 40 for at least 5 more years. >>

I guess I better jump back into the stock market...imageimage
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    The last three days and Fri close look like an automatron waiting for an input to react to. Pretty much the same pattern give or take, the past three days.

Plus I think the IMG function pretty cool, just discovered it, so I thought I'd post my brilliant analysis of the last 72 hr performance of the silver market.

• Options
    $50 silver would be quite a gain from today's prices.. anybody updating their predictions?

• Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    I replied to you on the other thread. Boy, I am glad I saved all that 90% silver when I was a kid. It is what is keeping afloat! And to think my friends laughed at be for cherry picking out of the till!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>$50 silver would be quite a gain from today's prices.. anybody updating their predictions? >>

Perhaps within the next 5 years, but I wouldn't mortgage the house on that prediction.
  • Options
    BanemorthBanemorth Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Silver hits $30 before it hits $50. >>

silver will fall to $18 and gold to $950 >>

This guy might just be a prophet.
    Justin From Jersey

Successful Transactions With: JoeLewis, Mkman123, Harry779, Grote15, gdavis70, Kryptonitecomics
  • Options
    bretts911bretts911 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭
    wonder what silver is gonna do in the next few weeks?
    IMO we will see $30 in the upcoming months but then again this is just off pure speculation image
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    trade sideways for a few weeks, then if everything gets resolved, and data comes in better thru dec, then start to trend down again.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>trade sideways for a few weeks, then if everything gets resolved, and data comes in better thru dec, then start to trend down again. >>

Congress just decided to back pay the furloughed workers for the shutdown days they miss. image

Furlough people to save money then backpay them for the days they missed.

These are the people that we are looking to to resolve financial troubles?

There won't be any better data because nothing has improved in 5 years and it isn't going to.

• Options
    Looking back through this thread there was no mention of getting very close to $50 around May of 2011. The OP was Dec. 2010 and silver was around $30. Looks like the gap back to the Summer of 2010 has been filled. I don't think we'll have to wait until 2018-2022 to reach $50. image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The charts I'm looking at have silver first passing $50 in 2018-2022 and the 200day moving average crossing $50 (implying it could maintain those levels) 2024-2028.

We're expecting silver to bounce around between 20 and 40 for at least 5 more years. >>

I guess I better jump back into the stock market... >>

Ayup!