Home Metal Detecting

Sooo... what do your detecting conditions look like this time of year?..

ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
My season ended quite some time ago.
Expecting another 4+ months of misery before my next hole is dug image

This is the status as of today:

Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro

Comments

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mine ended yesterday. the ground is already half froze as of yesterday and then we went into a colder night with a temp of 32 here today. took batteries out of one detector this am and will finish off the other one vvery soon image
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cold...to cold for me to MD... and snow expected late today, into tonight. Cheers, RickO
  • DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    25 and snowing. Looks life my season ended last monday.
  • pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    13 this morning but the sun came out and got up to 32 this afternoon. Detected for about a hour and a half. 2 pairs of gloves and 2 coats. I have a coat with a zipper pocket and just drop the stuff in there and look at it later when I get home.
  • Nice pics Zot.

Well It will be a nice here,just rain here and there but will be hunting.

HH,Tom
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just getting into it as summer is finally over, here in the Great Mojave Desert!

Nice and balmy low 60's, no wind, clear skies and nothing in the forecast!

Just can't my arm to swing with the arthritis!

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont even get me started. Lucky to see 10 degrees.
  • The ground is frozen solid and snow covered.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • so i take it by the response !!!!!!GRIM!!!!!!!!!!hahaha i dont even have a machine no worry,s here.
  • metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took a day hike here in the Desert South West 70 deg and Sunnyimage
    email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

<< <i>mine ended yesterday

Cold...to cold for me to MD

25 and snowing

ground is frozen solid and snow covered

13 this morning

Dont even get me started >>

This was great therapy! image

As expected, some lucky bast... erh.. individuals, with "summer all year" have also posted. I'm very envious!
    At least you haven't added insult to injury with pictures of green grass, palm trees etc.. !! image
    Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro
  • One of the benefits of hunting in November is I find all kinds of ancient house and or barn foundations out in the woods. Once upon a time there was a road that went to these places, some are still identifiable and others are grown over. I found 2 such places this November and have registered both of them in the back of my mind, I only hope I can recall them when I want them.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • CariconCaricon Posts: 819 ✭✭
    Northwest Ohio here, frozen solid now. And I really like the 2nd picture, looks like the front of a greeting card.
  • pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
    It was in the mid 40s here last night and 90% of the snow melted. Rained all day today, but it turned into snow, so there goes my hopes!
    Twenty degrees, dusting of snow - more possible. No warm days in sight and a potential weekend storm. BLECCCCHHHHH.... (since we do not have a vomiting icon) image Cheers, RickO
  • pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zero degrees yesterday morning. Warmed up to 18. Today started out at 16. I guess you could detect but I don't have a jack hammer.
    well we had snow flurries last night then the temps. went down to 13 degrees last night life is good
  • kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain! Just rain. I prefer to bottle-hunt in conditions like this. Makes it easy to probe the soft earth.
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are about to get WHACKED by about a foot (maybe more) of snow.... yuck.... do not like snow, do not like cold. Cheers, RickO
    omg their saying up to 20 inches around this area
  • pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
    6-12 forecasted here. Not looking forward to it!