Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Best rookie cards of Derek Jeter in rank order--Please help

I am trying to piece together a comprehensive list of Derek Jeter's rookie cards in rank order:

1. 1993 Upper Deck SP Foil #279
2. 1993 Upper Deck Gold Hologram
3. 1992 LITTLE SUN HIGH SCHOOL
4. 1993 TOPPS MARLINS INAUGURAL
5. 1993 TOPPS ROCKIES INAUGURAL
4. 1993 Stadium Club Murphy #117
5. 1993 PINNACLE #457
6. 1993 BOWMAN #511

1993 SCORE DRAFT PICK #489
1993 SELECT #360
1993 TOPPS #98
1993 UPPER DECK #449

Feel free to correct me on any errors. I will keep editing the list above to make all correct. The ranking will be tougher as one gets away from #1, but we can at least just try.
Also, what would be a good price to pay for his best rookie card in PSA or BGS 9 as of now. Is it really worth $500? I see some for $350. There is one in BGS 9 for $295. Are those inflated prices or just the normal going rate?

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee

Comments

• 1993 SP
    1993 Upper Deck Gold Hologram
    1993 Stadium Club
    1993 Any card signed

As far as I know, there is only one Jeter SP card. They are all foil versions,no parallels.
  • sportscardtheorysportscardtheory Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭
    Top-3

Ungraded

1993 Stadium Club Murphy
    1993 SP
    1993 Bowman

Graded

1993 SP
    1993 Stadium Club Murphy
    1993 Pinnacle
  • twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    There are 8 Derek Jeter rookie cards in 1993 that are major league cards.

If you go here you will see the PSA Jeter rookie set that is in the PSA registry. Personally from experience the weight isn't how the cards are considered most valued or desired.

Top 3 would be these.

1) 1993 SP DEREK JETER FOIL
    2) 1993 STADIUM CLUB DEREK JETER MURPHY
    3) 1993 PINNACLE DEREK JETER

if you continued the list

4) 1993 BOWMAN DEREK JETER
    5) 1993 UPPER DECK DEREK JETER
    6) 1993 TOPPS DEREK JETER
    7) 1993 SELECT DEREK JETER
    8) 1993 SCORE DEREK JETER DRAFT PICK

Far as going PSA prices

1) 1993 SP DEREK JETER FOIL PSA 10 is around 4,500 - 5,500. PSA 9 is around 400-500. PSA 8 is around 70-90.
    2) 1993 STADIUM CLUB DEREK JETER MURPHY PSA 10 is around 250-300. PSA 9 is around 80-100.
    3) 1993 PINNACLE DEREK JETER PSA 10 is around 200-220. PSA 9 is around 30-40

• Where does the 1995 Tetrad card rank? Also curious if anyone knows why the seller here said there were 8500 produced, but the card says 1 of 6000.

Strangely, the seller had previously listed the same card for $399.

I have this card raw and it looks like it might be in good enough shape to be a 10.

Finally, what does Tetrad mean? Is that the name of the subset or what?
  • swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    1993 SP
    1993 Topps Inaugural versions
    1993 UD Gold Hologram
    1993 Stadium Club
    1993 Pinnacle
    1992 misc minor league cards...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    1993 SP
    1993 UD Gold Hologram
    1993 Rockies or Marlins Inagural
    1993 Stadium Club Dome

Twiley
    The 1993 UD Gold Hologram in PSA 10 will bring 600-700. That's your number 2.
  • DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you guys for your help. The PSA link helped a lot, but I am wondering why the set registry is so narrow. I mean the Upper Deck Gold Hologram is not listed on the Jeter Rookie set registry. I noticed that many glossy and tiffany versions of rookie cards from the 1980s are also not listed.

Twiley,

If a PSA 9 SP rookie is about $400-500, then the BGS 9 should be up there too, but there is one for sale at $295. It sounds like a bargain, or maybe I am missing something. I guess I don't have to hold back on my intentions, I do want to buy one before the season starts. I am a late comer and regret not buying one years ago when it was more affordable and I actually had more money.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

• vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    I like...

1. 1993 Upper Deck SP Foil #279
    2. 1993 Stadium Club Murphy #117
    3. 1993 BOWMAN #511
    4. 1993 Topps
    5. 1993 SELECT #360

<< <i>Twiley
    The 1993 UD Gold Hologram in PSA 10 will bring 600-700. That's your number 2. >>

No. I was only listing the basic major league rookie cards. Not minor league, insert, or parallel cards. If you were to include them then the list should look something like this...

1) 1993 SP DEREK JETER FOIL
    2) 1993 UPPER DECK GOLD HOLOGRAM

3) 1992 LITTLE SUN HIGH SCHOOL
    4) 1993 TOPPS MARLINS INAUGURAL
    5) 1993 TOPPS ROCKIES INAUGURAL

I think 3,4,and 5 should be tied.

• << <i>Thank you guys for your help. The PSA link helped a lot, but I am wondering why the set registry is so narrow. I mean the Upper Deck Gold Hologram is not listed on the Jeter Rookie set registry. I noticed that many glossy and tiffany versions of rookie cards from the 1980s are also not listed.

Twiley,

If a PSA 9 SP rookie is about $400-500, then the BGS 9 should be up there too, but there is one for sale at $295. It sounds like a bargain, or maybe I am missing something. I guess I don't have to hold back on my intentions, I do want to buy one before the season starts. I am a late comer and regret not buying one years ago when it was more affordable and I actually had more money. >>

As a general rule, parallel's are not included in basic or rc sets.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Where/how did this Jeter card (1993 SP DEREK JETER FOIL) come sold and get distributed?

Probably a dumb question, but what does SP stand for?

I did not see any packs, full boxes, or cases on ebay. 'Curious how you can buy a sealed box of packs...

Thank you!

- uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Thanks swartz1!

What is a good price and/or what do you think the average price that they've sold has been in the last 3-6+ months?

How many can you expect in a sealed box?

Ok, I'm done with my questions, I appreciate your answer - thank you!

<< <i>Thank you guys for your help. The PSA link helped a lot, but I am wondering why the set registry is so narrow. I mean the Upper Deck Gold Hologram is not listed on the Jeter Rookie set registry. I noticed that many glossy and tiffany versions of rookie cards from the 1980s are also not listed.

Twiley,

If a PSA 9 SP rookie is about $400-500, then the BGS 9 should be up there too, but there is one for sale at $295. It sounds like a bargain, or maybe I am missing something. I guess I don't have to hold back on my intentions, I do want to buy one before the season starts. I am a late comer and regret not buying one years ago when it was more affordable and I actually had more money. >>

The UD Gold Hologram and the Topps Marlins/Rockies inaugural cards were not released into packs or small box sets, so they are not considered true RCs.

<< <i>

<< <i>Thank you guys for your help. The PSA link helped a lot, but I am wondering why the set registry is so narrow. I mean the Upper Deck Gold Hologram is not listed on the Jeter Rookie set registry. I noticed that many glossy and tiffany versions of rookie cards from the 1980s are also not listed.

Twiley,

The UD Gold Hologram and the Topps Marlins/Rockies inaugural cards were not released into packs or small box sets, so they are not considered true RCs. >>

I appreciate your opinion, where do you find your definition of a true rookie card?

- uncut

• Where does the 93 Topps Gold and Micro fall inot the list?
    Can you really put the 1992 Little Suns card as a RC? Maybe his first card produced but it is not a MLB card. It's a minor league or pre-rookie.

I would put a parallel like the UD Gold on that list far before I would put a minor league issue.

And since when did non-pack cards NOT become rookie cards?

Looks like a few differing opinions on this. I guess its all how you collect.

<< <i>

<< <i>

Twiley,

The UD Gold Hologram and the Topps Marlins/Rockies inaugural cards were not released into packs or small box sets, so they are not considered true RCs. >>

I appreciate your opinion, where do you find your definition of a true rookie card? >>

Anyone can use their own definition of RC, but there is a reason there are only 8 true Jeter rookies in the PSA set registry.

Derek Jeter's only true RCs.

Some people don't believe in RC rules, some do. I happen to use them because most people in the know do.
  • I don't know how anyone can label some rc's true and others, I guess not true.

The RC issue is clearly a blurry issue with no authoritive opinion, outside of MLB & Beckett's, which most of us do no agree with.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    I love how every time there is a discussion on Jeter rookies the whole XRC and RC factor always comes up.

1992 Little Sun High School card would be considered XRC not RC

if you were to throw inserts & parallels in the mix why couldn't you put a XRC in there too?

The 1992 Little Sun HS card only 5,000 were produced and by far is one of the most sought after XRC cards.

As I stated before there are only 8 Rookie cards for Jeter. The rest are either parallel, insert, or XRC.

• The MLB and Beckett agreed opinion on what an RC is means they had to play....is not XRC, it is FYC, and again, this is the only opinion, key word, of what an RC is by two recognized authoritive bodies that I know of. Does that make only FYC RC's...of course not, that is Beckett's and MLB's opinion, which is more about the dollar then logic.

Without a recognized authoritive body, which this hobby lacks, you simply can't claim "true" or the like, you can only give your opinion.
  • Re: XRC

I actually like XRC...not sure how you guys feel about the term. If you guys also remember, when Beckett came out with it, they also came out with FTC , FDC and FFC, for First Topps Card, First Fleer Card, and First Donruss Card. This was used mostly in cards like Cecil Fielder, where all the companies didnt make a card the RC year, but also in the case of like 1990 Fleer Football, would refer to the 1989 RC's...even though Fleer had no 1989 set. Suprized we don't still use them.

• << <i>The MLB and Beckett agreed opinion on what an RC is means they had to play....is not XRC, it is FYC, and again, this is the only opinion, key word, of what an RC is by two recognized authoritive bodies that I know of. Does that make only FYC RC's...of course not, that is Beckett's and MLB's opinion, which is more about the dollar then logic.

Without a recognized authoritive body, which this hobby lacks, you simply can't claim "true" or the like, you can only give your opinion. >>

Even PSA and collectors have agreed to which ones are RCs. If you don't agree, you are certainly in the minority.
  • PSA considers the RCs you noted as the "basic" rcs.....not true rcs, which again, implies others are non-true rcs.

iI would say most collectors seem to agree that all cards from the rc year are rcs. We then tend to add other terms to seperate them. Such as; "What is the best auto rc?" or "How many refractor rcs..."

<< <i>PSA considers the RCs you noted as the "basic" rcs.....not true rcs, which again, implies others are non-true rcs.

iI would say most collectors seem to agree that all cards from the rc year are rcs. We then tend to add other terms to seperate them. Such as; "What is the best auto rc?" or "How many refractor rcs..." >>

Sorry, but this just isn't true. Those eigtht are considered Jeter's only true RCs.

Take a look at Tim Lincecum's rookie card registry. It's full of autos, jersey cards and serial-numbered true RCs.

It has nothing to do with "basic" RCs. Rookie card registry sets contain only a player's true RCs, which is determined by the industry and collectors.

It's acceptable that you believe all cards from a player's RC year are RCs, but you are in the minority.
  • Your just funny.
    Who made this determination? PSA? Just cuz PSA says it then its gospel? Maybe David Koresh has an opinion on this.
  • Isn't the collector's input and the majority that determine what goes in some of the PSA registries.....either way, we can go back to the eighties and start with the 84 Fleer Update set and follow on 85 sets. XRC and RC.....Olympic McGwire....etc

<< <i>Who made this determination? PSA? Just cuz PSA says it then its gospel? Maybe David Koresh has an opinion on this. >>

Tell that to PSA and all the collectors who vote on which cards are RCs when voting on rookie set registries. If you want to believe that inserts, minor league cards, cards from 1996 or maybe even 2010 are Derek Jeter RCs, go right ahead. To each their own. Collectors have spoken and most agree which cards constitute RCs and which don't. Believe whatever you want.
    Rookie year = Rookie card...

you are welcome...

- uncut

<< <i>

<< <i>Who made this determination? PSA? Just cuz PSA says it then its gospel? Maybe David Koresh has an opinion on this. >>

Tell that to PSA and all the collectors who vote on which cards are RCs when voting on rookie set registries. If you want to believe that inserts, minor league cards, cards from 1996 or maybe even 2010 are Derek Jeter RCs, go right ahead. To each their own. Collectors have spoken and most agree which cards constitute RCs and which don't. Believe whatever you want. >>

UD Gold, Topps Inaguaral are inserts? I guess I missed that. I only see one person here that put a minor league card in the mix and it sure wasnt me. And yes, there ARE Jeter RCs in 96 and 2010! :::eyeroll:::

Who are these collectors? Just those who collect slabbed cards? Just the ones who participate with the registry? They get to say for the rest of the hobby? I am astounded and amazed. Once again, no one let me know. Im really beginning to feel left out here and I didnt hear any masses speak. I missed that meeting when the vote occurred.

Sorry, Im not getting on my knees for registry set owners.

I agree with Swartz! But maybe this goes beyond common sense!

• << <i>Rookie year = Rookie card...

you are welcome... >>

+1
  • schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    First card from a fully licensed major release = rookie card IMO. That's why McGwire's Rookie is from the 1985 set, and not the 1987 set, no matter how many people try to say otherwise.

Having said that, I tend to prefer things like the 1992 Classic Jeter and other odd-ball items that while maybe not technically "rookies", are much tougher to find. Which would you rather have, a PSA 9 SP Jeter, or a fully authentic (there are lots of fakes) Little Sun Jeter HS autographed card?
    Who is Rober Maris?

<< <i>

<< <i>

Tell that to PSA and all the collectors who vote on which cards are RCs when voting on rookie set registries. If you want to believe that inserts, minor league cards, cards from 1996 or maybe even 2010 are Derek Jeter RCs, go right ahead. To each their own. Collectors have spoken and most agree which cards constitute RCs and which don't. Believe whatever you want. >>

UD Gold, Topps Inaguaral are inserts? I guess I missed that. I only see one person here that put a minor league card in the mix and it sure wasnt me. And yes, there ARE Jeter RCs in 96 and 2010! :::eyeroll:::

Who are these collectors? Just those who collect slabbed cards? Just the ones who participate with the registry? They get to say for the rest of the hobby? I am astounded and amazed. Once again, no one let me know. Im really beginning to feel left out here and I didnt hear any masses speak. I missed that meeting when the vote occurred.

Sorry, Im not getting on my knees for registry set owners.

I agree with Swartz! But maybe this goes beyond common sense! >>

lol Those cards were never released in packs, therefore, they aren't true RCs. You are going against 30+ years of RC rules, so you are in the minority. Every major sportscard entity uses the basic rules for RCs. From Beckett to PSA to MLB to Topps to collectors. If you feel the need to go against the grain just to be different, go right ahead. No one is stopping you. Just because you look at things differently, doesn't mean you are right. You are basically saying screw the majority, I make my own rules. If only everything in life was that easy.
  • DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, what started as a friendly knowledge based exercise turned into something close to a flame war. Let us be excellent to eachother guys.

It is safe to say that RCs are not always the highest value card of a player. Sometimes it is a minor league or other pre-Major league team card that would be the highest value. What I orginally wanted was a list of what rookie cards were out there in existence, including some of the more higher end minor league cards, parallels and inserts.

I now understand the view of the PSA rookie card registry. They are pretty much listing mainstream cards that were available to the public via packs. That PSA list is an excellent starter list for the Jeter collector. One can refer to it as a basic rookie card set. The list I am making is an expanded set full of Jeter's earlier cards that happens to also include the base rookie set. My goal was to see what is out there.

<< <i>UD Gold, Topps Inaguaral are inserts? >>

No they are not inserts they are considered parallel cards.

<< <i>mainstream cards that were available to the public via packs >>

Stadium Club Murphy card can only be found in the set. They never distributed that card through packs. The same can be said for the UD Gold Hologram and both Topps Inaugural and the Topps Mirco.

Maybe someone should have done this a long time ago?

If there are any corrections please feel free to chime in.

1992 CLASSIC 4 SPORT DEREK JETER = XRC
    1992 CLASSIC 4 SPORT DEREK JETER GOLD = XRC INSERT
    1992 CLASSIC BEST DEREK JETER = XRC
    1992 CLASSIC BEST DEREK JETER BLUE BONUS = XRC INSERT
    1992 CLASSIC DEREK JETER DRAFT PICKS = XRC
    1992 CLASSIC DEREK JETER DRAFT PICK FOIL BONUS = XRC INSERT
    1992 FLEER EXCEL DEREK JETER = XRC
    1992 FRONT ROW DEREK JETER DRAFT PICKS = XRC
    1992 FRONT ROW DEREK JETER DRAFT PICK-GOLD = XRC INSERT
    1992 FRONT ROW DEREK JETER DRAFT PICK-SILVER = XRC INSERT
    1992 FRONT ROW DRAFT PICK DEREK JETER PROMO CARD = XRC
    1992 LITTLE SUN HIGH SCHOOL PROSPECTS AUTOGRAPHS DEREK JETER = XRC INSERT
    1992 LITTLE SUN DEREK JETER HIGH SCHOOL PROSPECTS = XRC
    1992 PROCARDS DEREK JETER GULF COAST YANKEES = XRC
    1992 U.D. MINOR LEAGUE DEREK JETER = XRC

1993 BOWMAN DEREK JETER = RC
    1993 CLASSIC BEST DEREK JETER = XRC
    1993 CLASSIC BEST DEREK JETER AUTOGRAPHS = XRC INSERT
    1993 CLASSIC BEST GOLD DEREK JETER GREENSBORO HORNETS = XRC
    1993 CLASSIC BEST DEREK JETER GREENSBORO HORNETS = XRC
    1993 CLASSIC BEST DEREK JETER PROMO = XRC INSERT
    1993 CLASSIC C3 DEREK JETER = XRC INSERT
    1993 FLEER EXCEL DEREK JETER = XRC
    1993 FLEER EXCEL DEREK JETER LEAGUE LEADERS = XRC LL
    1993 FRONT ROW GOLD COLLECTION DEREK JETER DEREK JETER JETER GOLD COLLECTION = XRC
    1993 PINNACLE DEREK JETER = RC
    1993 PROCARDS ALL-STARS DEREK JETER SO. ATLANTIC LEAGUE = XRC
    1993 PROCARDS DEREK JETER GREENSBORO HORNETS = XRC
    1993 SCORE DEREK JETER DRAFT PICK = RC
    1993 SELECT DEREK JETER = RC
    1993 SP DEREK JETER FOIL = RC
    1993 STADIUM CLUB DEREK JETER MURPHY = RC
    1993 TOPPS DEREK JETER = RC
    1993 TOPPS DEREK JETER COL. ROCKIES INAUGURAL = RC PARALLEL
    1993 TOPPS DEREK JETER FLA. MARLINS INAUGURAL = RC PARALLEL
    1993 TOPPS GOLD DEREK JETER = RC INSERT
    1993 TOPPS MICRO DEREK JETER = RC PARALLEL
    1993 UPPER DECK DEREK JETER = RC
    1993 UPPER DECK DEREK JETER GOLD HOLOGRAM = RC PARALLEL

This is the way I have understood it. Although I could have been wrong this whole time image

Edit Add: I added and corrected some stuff.

<< <i>

<< <i>UD Gold, Topps Inaguaral are inserts? >>

No they are not inserts they are considered parallel cards.

<< <i>mainstream cards that were available to the public via packs >>

Stadium Club Murphy card can only be found in the set. They never distributed that card through packs. The same can be said for the UD Gold Hologram and both Topps Inaugural and the Topps Mirco.

Maybe someone should have done this a long time ago?

If there are any corrections please feel free to chime in.

1992 CLASSIC 4 SPORT DEREK JETER = XRC
    1992 CLASSIC 4 SPORT DEREK JETER GOLD = XRC INSERT
    1992 CLASSIC BEST DEREK JETER = XRC
    1992 CLASSIC BEST DEREK JETER BLUE BONUS = XRC INSERT
    1992 CLASSIC DEREK JETER DRAFT PICKS = XRC
    1992 CLASSIC DEREK JETER DRAFT PICK FOIL BONUS = XRC INSERT
    1992 FLEER EXCEL DEREK JETER = XRC
    1992 FRONT ROW DEREK JETER DRAFT PICKS = XRC
    1992 FRONT ROW DEREK JETER DRAFT PICK-GOLD = XRC INSERT
    1992 FRONT ROW DEREK JETER DRAFT PICK-SILVER = XRC INSERT
    1992 FRONT ROW DRAFT PICK DEREK JETER PROMO CARD = XRC
    1992 LITTLE SUN HIGH SCHOOL PROSPECTS AUTOGRAPHS DEREK JETER = XRC INSERT
    1992 LITTLE SUN DEREK JETER HIGH SCHOOL PROSPECTS = XRC
    1992 PROCARDS DEREK JETER GULF COAST YANKEES = XRC
    1992 U.D. MINOR LEAGUE DEREK JETER = XRC

1993 CLASSIC BEST DEREK JETER = XRC
    1993 CLASSIC BEST DEREK JETER AUTOGRAPHS = XRC INSERT
    1993 CLASSIC BEST GOLD DEREK JETER GREENSBORO HORNETS = XRC
    1993 CLASSIC BEST DEREK JETER GREENSBORO HORNETS = XRC
    1993 CLASSIC BEST DEREK JETER PROMO = XRC INSERT
    1993 CLASSIC C3 DEREK JETER = XRC INSERT
    1993 FLEER EXCEL DEREK JETER = XRC
    1993 FLEER EXCEL DEREK JETER LEAGUE LEADERS = XRC LL
    1993 FRONT ROW GOLD COLLECTION DEREK JETER DEREK JETER JETER GOLD COLLECTION = XRC
    1993 PROCARDS ALL-STARS DEREK JETER SO. ATLANTIC LEAGUE = XRC
    1993 PROCARDS DEREK JETER GREENSBORO HORNETS = XRC

This is the way I have understood it. Although I could have been wrong this whole time image

Edit Add: I added and corrected some stuff. >>

Not that it matters all that much, but minor league issues aren't really XRCs. They would be considered minor league cards or pre-rookies. The Stadium Club Murphy set is considered a RC because it's an end-of-the-year box set or season wrap-up set that had a larger set that came first (Stadium Club). That's why most Topps Traded sets have true RCs in them. XRCs are a strange breed that were basically something Beckett created for god knows why and stopped using in 2001, I believe. Some cards that only came in sets are considered RCs, but only when they are part of the original set. 2001 Fleer tradition Albert Pujols and 2007 Fleer Tim Lincecums were only issued in factory sets, but because they are part of the regular set that was pack-released, they are considered RCs.

<< <i>Not that it matters all that much, but minor league issues aren't really XRCs. They would be considered minor league cards or pre-rookies. >>

Is this better?

Key
    *MLRC = Minor League Rookie Card
    *RC = Rookie Card

1992 CLASSIC 4 SPORT DEREK JETER = MLRC
    1992 CLASSIC 4 SPORT DEREK JETER GOLD = MLRC INSERT
    1992 CLASSIC BEST DEREK JETER = MLRC
    1992 CLASSIC BEST DEREK JETER BLUE BONUS = MLRC INSERT
    1992 CLASSIC DEREK JETER DRAFT PICKS = MLRC
    1992 CLASSIC DEREK JETER DRAFT PICK FOIL BONUS = MLRC INSERT
    1992 FLEER EXCEL DEREK JETER = MLRC
    1992 FRONT ROW DEREK JETER DRAFT PICKS = MLRC
    1992 FRONT ROW DEREK JETER DRAFT PICK-GOLD = MLRC INSERT
    1992 FRONT ROW DEREK JETER DRAFT PICK-SILVER = MLRC INSERT
    1992 FRONT ROW DRAFT PICK DEREK JETER PROMO CARD = MLRC
    1992 LITTLE SUN HIGH SCHOOL PROSPECTS AUTOGRAPHS DEREK JETER = MLRC INSERT
    1992 LITTLE SUN DEREK JETER HIGH SCHOOL PROSPECTS = MLRC
    1992 PROCARDS DEREK JETER GULF COAST YANKEES = MLRC
    1992 U.D. MINOR LEAGUE DEREK JETER = MLRC

1993 CLASSIC BEST DEREK JETER = MLRC
    1993 CLASSIC BEST DEREK JETER AUTOGRAPHS = MLRC INSERT
    1993 CLASSIC BEST GOLD DEREK JETER GREENSBORO HORNETS = MLRC
    1993 CLASSIC BEST DEREK JETER GREENSBORO HORNETS = MLRC
    1993 CLASSIC BEST DEREK JETER PROMO = MLRC INSERT
    1993 CLASSIC C3 DEREK JETER = MLRC INSERT
    1993 FLEER EXCEL DEREK JETER = MLRC
    1993 FLEER EXCEL DEREK JETER LEAGUE LEADERS = MLRCLL
    1993 FRONT ROW GOLD COLLECTION DEREK JETER DEREK JETER JETER GOLD COLLECTION = MLRC
    1993 PROCARDS ALL-STARS DEREK JETER SO. ATLANTIC LEAGUE = MLRC
    1993 PROCARDS DEREK JETER GREENSBORO HORNETS = MLRC

<< <i>

<< <i>Not that it matters all that much, but minor league issues aren't really XRCs. They would be considered minor league cards or pre-rookies. >>

Is this better?

Key
    *MLRC = Minor League Rookie Card
    *RC = Rookie Card

1992 CLASSIC 4 SPORT DEREK JETER = MLRC
    1992 CLASSIC 4 SPORT DEREK JETER GOLD = MLRC INSERT
    1992 CLASSIC BEST DEREK JETER = MLRC
    1992 CLASSIC BEST DEREK JETER BLUE BONUS = MLRC INSERT
    1992 CLASSIC DEREK JETER DRAFT PICKS = MLRC
    1992 CLASSIC DEREK JETER DRAFT PICK FOIL BONUS = MLRC INSERT
    1992 FLEER EXCEL DEREK JETER = MLRC
    1992 FRONT ROW DEREK JETER DRAFT PICKS = MLRC
    1992 FRONT ROW DEREK JETER DRAFT PICK-GOLD = MLRC INSERT
    1992 FRONT ROW DEREK JETER DRAFT PICK-SILVER = MLRC INSERT
    1992 FRONT ROW DRAFT PICK DEREK JETER PROMO CARD = MLRC
    1992 LITTLE SUN HIGH SCHOOL PROSPECTS AUTOGRAPHS DEREK JETER = MLRC INSERT
    1992 LITTLE SUN DEREK JETER HIGH SCHOOL PROSPECTS = MLRC
    1992 PROCARDS DEREK JETER GULF COAST YANKEES = MLRC
    1992 U.D. MINOR LEAGUE DEREK JETER = MLRC

1993 CLASSIC BEST DEREK JETER = MLRC
    1993 CLASSIC BEST DEREK JETER AUTOGRAPHS = MLRC INSERT
    1993 CLASSIC BEST GOLD DEREK JETER GREENSBORO HORNETS = MLRC
    1993 CLASSIC BEST DEREK JETER GREENSBORO HORNETS = MLRC
    1993 CLASSIC BEST DEREK JETER PROMO = MLRC INSERT
    1993 CLASSIC C3 DEREK JETER = MLRC INSERT
    1993 FLEER EXCEL DEREK JETER = MLRC
    1993 FLEER EXCEL DEREK JETER LEAGUE LEADERS = MLRCLL
    1993 FRONT ROW GOLD COLLECTION DEREK JETER DEREK JETER JETER GOLD COLLECTION = MLRC
    1993 PROCARDS ALL-STARS DEREK JETER SO. ATLANTIC LEAGUE = MLRC
    1993 PROCARDS DEREK JETER GREENSBORO HORNETS = MLRC
    1993 UPPER DECK DEREK JETER GOLD HOLOGRAM = RC PARALLEL >>

You don't have to change anything on my account. Not everyone cares about the "rookie card rules". I just happen to like a little stability in my hobby.
  • 93 UD SP Jeter BGS 9.5

'Curious, how many Jeter cards should/could come in a full 1993 SP Baseball Unopened Foil Box of 24 foil packs?

That's gonna be a nice box to hold and save for a while...

Your lucky just to pull one in a box. Most of the ones pulled end up NM-MT or lower due to the corners and surface. The SP is notorious for sticking together within the packs. 1.5 Million SP Jeter RC were produced. The odds of finding a Gem Mint are next to impossible. Your better off just buying one out right vs buying cases of boxes and pulling one.
  • wow, that was great info - thanks twiley!
    NP Muggyman

To add more info to the topic.

The Stadium Club Murphy card is the least produced Major League RC of Jeter. There were only 125,000 SC Murphy sets produced.

BTW this topic stinks w/o pics so here are some cool pics...

imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage

pretty sure the least produced would be the 10,000 inaugurals...

- uncut

Swartz, You are correct with 10,000 inaugural sets produced. However the inaugural sets are considered parallel productions of the original topps set. The stadium club is not a parallel set. Therefore stadium club card is the least produced Major League RC of Jeter.