Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I was just Thinking if you send in coins

Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
To be graded and just one of the graders set the bar 1 or 2 ponits lower your grades will come back below the right grade. So why would you want to keep this grader in your lineup? I say this becuse I sent in some coins last mo and the month befor that I sent in some orders and all came back at or where I thought, Now I sent in a new set this mounth and all of them came back way below what I thought it's kinda funny but all of them or most of them came back MS64 and I crack them out of PCGS MS65 holders and thought they should have been in a 66 holder or higher. I don't get it did he come back from Vaction and put the bracks on all the Jefferson and Buffalos once again? I wonder who went on Vaction that mo. He is the one that is banging us up a point or two on are Jefferson and Buffalos. I guess I will have to hold off on any more submissions for now just venting, Thank you for looking Type2. image

This is one of the Buffalos I sent in MS64 I dont think so.image

imageimage

Hoard the keys.

Comments

• Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

...you might be the victim of the "grader in charge of causing re-slab business" dedicated employee. image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well he is doing a good job. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grading works on consensus, not just averaging. One errant grader isn't going to change the grade on your coin.
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well he is doing a good job. image >>

...image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have to say, looking at your images, this coins details are very strong, and I can understand how you feel. Sometimes, or should I say most of the time it's the luster that will hold a coin such as this beauty back ..I feel your pain!! I think your coin is just lovely...
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh boy... another 'graders don't know what they are doing' thread...sure do get paid well for their services though. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Every one in a while you get hammered on a submission. It's just part of the game.
  • Options
    AMRCAMRC Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Oh boy... another 'graders don't know what they are doing' thread...sure do get paid well for their services though. Cheers, RickO >>

True that!
    MLAeBayNumismatics: "The greatest hobby in the world!"
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Oh boy... another 'graders don't know what they are doing' thread...sure do get paid well for their services though. Cheers, RickO >>

A couple from my last submissions. AU58 to MS62 and Genuine to MS65FB. Both cracked out of PCGS plastic and resubmitted. Mistakes are made I guess.

Ken
  • Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    Now that they use a + this should not be the same as before. "If" your coin is nice, you may get a 64, but it will come back as a 64+. If you are getting a grade lower and no + grades, perhaps YOU need to reevaluate yopur skills. image
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file