Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Is this neg-able?

2»

Comments

• Options
    dohdoh Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Call him back and ask him if he can send you the coin on approval. Confirm the NGC cert number, and send him a check for the winning bid, along with copies of the listing and his correspondence. After this transaction, NEG HIM! >>

Don't lower yourself to his level. Screw with him if you want, but forcing a sale of the coin is poor form IMHO. NEG him and move on.
    Positive BST transactions with: too many names to list! 36 at last count.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Call him back and ask him if he can send you the coin on approval. Confirm the NGC cert number, and send him a check for the winning bid, along with copies of the listing and his correspondence. After this transaction, NEG HIM! >>

Don't lower yourself to his level. Screw with him if you want, but forcing a sale of the coin is poor form IMHO. NEG him and move on. >>

In addition to that, why would the seller ship on approval?image
  • Options
    stealerstealer Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭✭
    You should all take a look at the part of the listing "WHY WORLD COIN?" right under product description.
    The man has guts to tell someone to look at his feedback...
  • Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While it's true that the seller has a lot of negs/neutrals, he also has thousands of positives and over 29,000 transactions since 2002. While it's likely that he offered you the SAME coin later for $2150...unless you know the cert number, you can't be sure it is the same coin...and don't you want to be sure? Either way it may not affect your feedback decision...but it seems to me to be an important point when considering the character of this seller....

• Options
    GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭
    He deserves a neg.

Try to word it short and still explain what he did.
    Ed
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    This thread is starting to peter out. Somebody should invite the subject seller to come by and comment. image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    I would understand if it was a 30 day BIN with high retail price
    and they go to shows.....

but with a 5 day auction with no reserve

I think in addition to what you are going to put for feedback I would include something like

' use a shill or reserve, don't back out because you felt item deserved more '

and neg/neutral with 1's for scores
    and I would not agree to cancel auction
    and if they file NPB, I would send copy of Paypal payment sent
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,388 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could neg him but sadly, his volume is high enough that he along with his bidders/buyers won't care.
    Your negative will be buried within days and will be a blip on his feedback screen.

peacockcoins

• Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks familiar...........a neg somebody added to seller on 12/1/10:

after winning bid was accomplished, seller said they lost the coin! not happy! Member id drvinny2000 ( Feedback Score Of 278) Dec-01-10 20:14

1947 50c WALKING LIBERTY HALF DOLLAR COIN ~ MS65 ~ NGC (#230533326452) US $96.00 View Item 1947 50c WALKING LIBERTY HALF DOLLAR COIN ~ MS65 ~ NGC

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file