Home Precious Metals
Options

Bernanke and QE2 saved PM investors tons of $$$

BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
With all of the scuttlebut over in Europe and in Asia boosting the value of the dollar, without all the printing of US dollars the dollar index would probably have been in the 88. range right now, and gold and silver would have lost 10% of their value. Yes, no, agree, disagree?------------------------BigE
I'm glad I am a Tree

Comments

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure that's what Bernake would want you to think. My impression is that the downward manipulation of the dollar is well-orchestrated and that any setbacks of the metals should be figured on a relative basis. Keep in mind that metals are at their highs and the stock market is not. Until real changes are made in government spending, taxation and government debt levels, the relative trends will continue. The metals are static entities but the dollar is not.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Race to the bottom for all currencies and race to the top for all debt. Gold will always rise under these conditions.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,565 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>With all of the scuttlebut over in Europe and in Asia boosting the value of the dollar, without all the printing of US dollars the dollar index would probably have been in the 88. range right now, and gold and silver would have lost 10% of their value. Yes, no, agree, disagree?------------------------BigE >>

I have given up trying to make sense of all the salient economic factors and am now making predictions on precious metals based upon the entrails of Daley Plaza pigeons........

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>With all of the scuttlebut over in Europe and in Asia boosting the value of the dollar, without all the printing of US dollars the dollar index would probably have been in the 88. range right now, and gold and silver would have lost 10% of their value. Yes, no, agree, disagree?------------------------BigE >>

I have given up trying to make sense of all the salient economic factors and am now making predictions on precious metals based upon the entrails of Daley Plaza pigeons........

image >>

I will obtain all my information from scandal magazines or SHTF Internet Die hearts. The more extreme or far fetched, the better. I will not use better judgment or common sense when posting a " breaking story." ... image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss Eric... and kept that brother's phone number in my cell a long time.
    And you know , the more things change...
    The more they remain....
    The same....
    It's like the breeze. It blows and the tree sways. And every season brings change.
    Life is good, enjoy image
  • Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭✭
    Since posting the OP, I believe BigE passed away -- life is short, so try to make the most of it. image