Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Counterstamped Camp David Peace Dollar Question

claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
I'm working on a Dansco 7070 with counterstamped coins, and thought the Camp David counterstamped Peace Dollar would be cool in it. Does anyone know what these sell for and where they are available? Any pics of one and a story in this thread would be cool too.

While you are at it, show off pics of any counterstamped coins too!

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye

Comments

• Options
    savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭
    DNADave should chime in soon on this thread (he has a nearly complete set of the Mel Wacks issues)

www.brunkauctions.com

• Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>DNADave should chime in soon on this thread (he has a nearly complete set of the Mel Wacks issues) >>

I'm a sucker for counterstamped Peace Dollars and am trying to corner the market. image I haven't seen a Camp David for quite some time on ebay and the ones I have seen were too much IMO. If you're lucky, you can get one for 30 to 50 dollars...but more often than not, the seller wants around 80. I think Pawpaul has several of these also that he had slabbed and there are some other board members that have them with very nice toneing. There was just another thread a second ago but I'll put the pic I just took here too.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. No comment. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    a few years ago, they were going around $150 when they showed up on eBay
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got this one from a local coin shop bid board this weekend... got into a pretty intense bidding war for it unfortunately, but I did end up with the coin...

This one good enough for the Dansco??? Might not want to crack it out of the holder though...

imageimage
  • Options
    WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    RWB could also chime in with some good info on these counter stamped Peace Dollars...
    Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • Options
    MWallaceMWallace Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

Nice,

But you don't have to "crack" that holder. If you're careful, you can get it opened without destroying it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file