Home Sports Talk
Options

Well, the Cowboys are back to giving away games.....Merry Christmas Saints!!!!

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
That's definitely one we (Roy Williams) gave away!!

That was the game. He doesn't let the ball get stripped.....we win!!!

Merry Freakin Christmas Saints.

Also, not a bright idea to spot them 10 points on stupid mistakes.

Also, I would go for it on 4th down instead of trying a field goal that long.

Garrett is NOT the answer!!!!

Comments

• Options
    After watching the Lions game today i can see why they are 2-9. The Patriots had the gift of playing against no defense in the second half.
  • Options
    dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That's definitely one we (Roy Williams) gave away!!

That was the game. He doesn't let the ball get stripped.....we win!!!

Merry Freakin Christmas Saints.

Also, not a bright idea to spot them 10 points on stupid mistakes.

Also, I would go for it on 4th down instead of trying a field goal that long.

Garrett is NOT the answer!!!! >>

The Cowboys came back from a 17 point deficit so Garrett isn't too bad.

I still can't believe the Williams' play.

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad teams make bad mistakes at the worst possible times..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Also, I would go for it on 4th down instead of trying a field goal that long.

Garrett is NOT the answer!!!! >>

Well, Jerry Jones it probably happy, because if Garrett ran the table to get to 9-7, it would have been difficult to get rid of him.

Now he will be able to throw big $$$$ at Gruden or Cowher.

• Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    I will be very happy with Cowler and a high draft pick. This is a lost season and they need a coach with some discipline
  • Options
    If Garrett and the team continue to show growth he'll be back next season. If the team and Garrett continue to make mistakes on the field and in the playcalling he'll be gone. Last night Garrett got them back in the game only to see a player mistake hurt them. Then on the last drive Garrett tried to force the ball to Bryant and stalled the drive leaving Buehler to hit a 59 yard FG. Williams was responsible for his own fumble but the playcalling to end the drive was on Garrett. I believe he needs to demonstrate continued improvement in this area (as well as elliminating player mistakes) to keep the job.

title.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas Cardinals...

JV!!!

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    I'm not always a big fan of Jerry Jones but I believe the Cowboys will go through some changes in the off season b/c this year was a waste.

title.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sent Jerry Jones a nice box of cheap candy with a thank you note, thanking him for being my favorite team owner of all time.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even the Cardinals can beat a 3rd string QB!

There will be wholesale changes in Big D next year!!
  • Options
    Give the cowboys credit for fighting back after a 21-3 deficit.
  • Options

<< <i>Give the cowboys credit for fighting back after a 21-3 deficit. >>

Wrong as always. It was 14-3. Do you even watch any games?
  • Options

<< <i>

Wrong as always. It was 14-3. Do you even watch any games? >>

alt. Excuse me. yes i watched some of it. I thought they said on the highlights they were behind 21-3. If not no biggie. Not a cowboys fan so i really dont care.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

alt. Excuse me. yes i watched some of it. I thought they said on the highlights they were behind 21-3. If not no biggie. Not a cowboys fan so i really dont care. >>

I didnt watch the whole game, but Blacklabel is right...

- uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    Give them credit for what? Coming back, missing extra point on last touchdown, or letting them convert 4th and 15, give me a break. Against the formerly 4-10 Cardinals with there third string QB. Bet Jerry is not as happy as he was during pregame interview. He did make it a point to say Garrett has only coached 6 games in his life, is now the time, and no coach has ever won a Superbowl with 2 different teams, changes coming again.
  • Options
    He at least has to give Garrett a legitimate shot with Romo / healthy RB...

- uncut

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    << Give the cowboys credit for fighting back after a 21-3 deficit. >>

alt. Excuse me. yes i watched some of it. I thought they said on the highlights they were behind 21-3. If not no biggie. Not a cowboys fan so i really dont care.

The score was 21-3.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>He at least has to give Garrett a legitimate shot with Romo / healthy RB... >>

Does he? I mean, Garrett was the offensive coordinator the last ~25 games before he became coach. Meaning, every time Felix ran in the middle, Garrett told him to. Every time Whitten left an unprotected Romo behind, it was because Garrett had him do it. What was Romo, like 2-20 in the red zone.....with play called by...guess who, Jason Garrett.

There is what about ~50 offensive plays a game, Garrett has a case history of over 1000 calls. And in those 1000 calls, he is responsible for most of team offensive injuries, in my opinion. Felix, a small rb, should never run in the middle against linemen 100 lbs. bigger. If your quarterback keeps getting hurt, then your tightend should do his job...which is not play receiver...it is to block. This is really basic football.

Clear Skies,
    Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options

<< <i>Give them credit for what? Coming back, missing extra point on last touchdown, or letting them convert 4th and 15, give me a break. Against the formerly 4-10 Cardinals with there third string QB. Bet Jerry is not as happy as he was during pregame interview. He did make it a point to say Garrett has only coached 6 games in his life, is now the time, and no coach has ever won a Superbowl with 2 different teams, changes coming again. >>

I think we're going to see alot of coaching and roster changes next season b/c Jerry is so upset w/ the Cowboys performance.

title.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    i of course have to pick them in a survivor pool 15 straight then only decent option dallas. of couse kitna gets knocked out defense plays like a college team in the first half and they come back to take the lead in spite of not going for the 2 point conversion when the extra point meant nothing down by two. and then to top it off i had to watch that sucky kicker miss an extra point and fitzgerald catch 1 pass all night on 4th and 15

what a good night
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>He at least has to give Garrett a legitimate shot with Romo / healthy RB... >>

Does he? I mean, Garrett was the offensive coordinator the last ~25 games before he became coach. Meaning, every time Felix ran in the middle, Garrett told him to. Every time Whitten left an unprotected Romo behind, it was because Garrett had him do it. What was Romo, like 2-20 in the red zone.....with play called by...guess who, Jason Garrett.

There is what about ~50 offensive plays a game, Garrett has a case history of over 1000 calls. And in those 1000 calls, he is responsible for most of team offensive injuries, in my opinion. Felix, a small rb, should never run in the middle against linemen 100 lbs. bigger. If your quarterback keeps getting hurt, then your tightend should do his job...which is not play receiver...it is to block. This is really basic football.

Clear Skies,
    Mark >>

I agree on Garrett's play calling but Jones isn't a small back, he's 220 LBS. A back that size should be able to run between the tackles.

title.