Home Precious Metals
Options

Who is Patrick Heller?

OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
Once in a blue moon I read his "predictions" in Numismaster and usually take them with a grain of salt. Has he ever been reasonably accurate in any of his PM fortellings or is he just trying to drum up business for himself? In yesterdays article he indicated that today would be a major move up day for Gold. In an earlier article during the summer, he indicated Gold at $2,000 within 30 days. Has a tendency to blame conspirators behind the scenes, when his "crystal ball" failed.
"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patrick Heller?

I would put more faith in Hellen Keller. Besides being blind, she is dead. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    botanistbotanist Posts: 524 ✭✭✭
    He's the proprietor of Liberty Coins in Lansing, Michigan, claiming to be the largest volume bullion dealer in the state. At different times I've had excellent and unsatisfactory customer service from his employees. As for his generally bullish PM predictions, is it a conflict of interest for him to publish those? If so, plenty of others are equally guilty, and at least he discloses his involvement.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Patrick Heller?

I would put more faith in Hellen Keller. Besides being blind, she is dead. MJ >>

You answered my question.image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't he also mint some rounds? Since he's closer to the bullion market, I tend to think that some of his comments on bullion premiums may have some merit.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Patrick Heller?

I would put more faith in Hellen Keller. Besides being blind, she is dead. MJ >>

ROFL!!!!
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He did recently did win The Top Flight Dealer, PNG's Abe Kosoff Founders Award. Still, I wouldn't follow his pm advise or advise in ties either.He breaks out some dousy's...............MJ

Botanist, are you going to be at the show?
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    500Bay500Bay Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭
    I've been reading his newsletters for several years on the Liberty Coins web site.
    There is a lot of conspiracy talk, with no proof yet. He, along with other gold bulls, can claim to be right for the last ten years.
    It is hard to judge any gold perma-bull for the last 10 years, as gold has indeed gone up. I don't know when he began writing his newsletter, but it would be interesting to see what his or any gold newsletter was writing back in 1981...
    Finem Respice
  • Options
    botanistbotanist Posts: 524 ✭✭✭
    Yes, Liberty Coin Service is at booth 77-78 at the major Michigan coin show in Dearborn today through Sunday. Yes, I'm hoping to be there myself, thanks for asking, but won't be hanging out at that particular booth. If the first snowstorm of the season predicted for today turns out to be particularly nasty here in central Michigan, I might wait until Saturday, and will wait to decide until after rush hour in the Detroit area. In any case, it'll require constant vigilance for me to try limiting my wife's impulse purchases, which is her obsession.