Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

HockeyAutoCollector's signed rookies (Updated: Many new additions)

13»

Comments

• Options
    Absolutely top class !

I'd give my left winger for a vintage signed Beliveau.

Nice.
  • Options
    Beliveau is awesome he signed 6 Things for me when I say him at a Mall. One of the 10 Greatest Players of All-Time and probably my favorite Old Time Player. Henri Richard is also great as well.
  • Options
    Received some nice returns today.

I was able to get Gerry Cheevers rookie card signed. He has a website that is run through a nutrition store in MA, but he only comes in to sign a couple times a year. They did not want me to send my card in until they knew his schedule, so after having to call back every couple of weeks for 4+ months, I was finally able to get it signed.

The next two I was able to get after e-mailing back and forth with Ron Greschner, former defenseman for the NY Rangers. Ron now runs his own company and has pretty good success getting things signed from former Rangers, even ones that do not sign TTM. I tried before to get Rod Gilbert to sign his rookie card, to no avail. Ron was able to get him to sign, for a fee. I also decided to get a rookie card signed by Greschner as well while I was at it.

I also had one Return to Sender today. I received my card back from Allan Stanley with a note saying due to his advanced age and current health status that he is unable to sign. At 85, I can understand whatever issues that may arise. Hopefully his health improves and he will be around for some time.
    Thanks
    Sean

Always Looking for vintage hockey autographs

The Broderick Collection
  • Options
    More nice original six signatures ....

Like the look of the Rod Gilbert autograph.

• Options
    That is sad to hear about Allan Stanley. I am glad I bought the Parkhurst Certified Autograph of Allan Stanley for $6.00 a year ago. I got a custom index signed by him years ago. Really Nice Cheevers Rookie( Not a Cheap Card at all) looks great signed and Rod Gilbert is Tough autograph. I got Rod on a Puck when he signed at The Wiz electronic store.
  • Options
    It has been awhile since I've had anything to report, but I finally received some cards back in the last couple of days.

A buddy of mine from Alberta is friends with Bryan Trottier and Glenn Anderson and was able to get their rookie cards signed for me while they were in town for an Old-timers game.

And this one was a nice surprise. Darryl Sittler is a notorious non-signer TTM, but it seems like he is replying back a bit lately. I was lucky enough to meet him at The Summit show, put on by shutoutkings, in Oct '09. I wasn't doing the signed rookies at that point, so I sent one out to him in January. A little over 3 months later, I received my rookie card back as well as an additional signed picture.

Thanks
    Sean

The Broderick Collection
  • Options
    Really Nice Darryl Sittler. Very Impressive. I can't believe you got him ttm.
  • Options

<< <i>Really Nice Darryl Sittler. Very Impressive. I can't believe you got him ttm. >>

Thanks, I was definitely surprised to get it back. I was debating sending the card and thought I might never see it again. I also included a picture from when we met, so maybe that helped get it back.
    Thanks
    Sean

The Broderick Collection
  • Options
    artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭
    I LOVE this thread. That Trottier is very nice and love the Sittler.

Keep up the great collection. Every time this gets bumped I read it all over again and just drool at your cards.

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options
    MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭

<< <i> I also decided to get a rookie card signed by Greschner as well while I was at it. >>

Greschner deserves a place in ones collection if not for the mere fact that he occasionally scored on the ice but perhaps his biggest "score" was being married for 14 years to

• Options
    Another TTM success, this one from the oldest living HOFer, Elmer Lach. I sent to Mr. Lach in December and didn't get my card back (probably lost in Canada somewhere), so I sent another one out in March. Mr. Lach fell and broke his hip while shoveling snow off his patio in February. I am glad to see that he is recovering well and still signing at 93!

Thanks
    Sean

The Broderick Collection
  • Options
    Here are my two latest:

Pierre Pilote (TTM)
    Eric Lindros (eBay)

I originally bought this Pilote rookie to get signed but held off sending it as he was returning requests to his home address. I later picked up an authenticated signed rookie, which I showed previously in this thread. Recently, I was told he was signing through the HOF, so I sent off the card and received it back yesterday! As for the Lindros, I decided to pick one up with my eBay bucks.

Thanks
    Sean

The Broderick Collection
  • Options
    Lindros will probably be a Hall of Famer someday. He brutalized in the league. When he was healthy he was one of the NHL's best, he was not the Next Gretzky or Lemieux. If not for injuries we would the kind of numbers Jagr had. If Cam Neely is a Hall of Famer than Lindros should be as well. Nice Card. I have not seen too many of the score rookies signed.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Very nice pickups. Do you know if Eric signs TTM? Last success I can find is almost 3 years ago and it's no longer a good addy.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>Very nice pickups. Do you know if Eric signs TTM? Last success I can find is almost 3 years ago and it's no longer a good addy. >>

Doug, I have not seen a TTM success for Lindros since his time with the NHLPA. On StarTiger.com there is an address for his parents, but there are no successes mentioned for that address yet.
    Thanks
    Sean

The Broderick Collection
  • Options
    Thanks Sean ... thats what I saw
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭
    I know George Armstrong signed those litho's from Gilbralter in Detroit. They signed 1000 and were real nice.
    Other then that I have always heard he was tough as nails to get anything from him..
    I have had Messier sign in person but once he blew me off several times. He would always
    say stuff like I only sign before the game or after the game or before practice not after practice.
    I would kill for that letter perfect Messier that is in Joe Orlando's book.
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    It's been awhile since I've updated this, but I had some new autographs come in the mail this week. The first is Doug Harvey rookie card signed, which I picked up in a private purchase. Harvey died in 1989 and a signed rookie is definitely hard to come by. The next two were signed at an AJ Sports World signing in July. Tretiak first "card" that was distributed here was his 1979 Panini sticker, I believe. I also had him sign a postcard from 1971.

I also was able to pick up the autographs of Graham Drinkwater, Russell Bowie, and Mike Grant for my deceased Hall of Fame collection.

Thanks
    Sean

The Broderick Collection
  • Options
    That Harvey is AWESOME, bet that one cost some Mucho Dinero. Doug Harvey is on my wishlist with any authenticated Tim Horton card with the Sabres and Sawchuk. That is one of the best.
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    That Harvey is SWEEEEET! That is a very difficult card to find signed WTG!!!!
  • Options
    Glad this thread is back near the top.

Great cards!

This thread is the reason I started buying Hockey HOF rookies.

Thanks and keep them coming!

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options
    I haven't updated this in a couple of months, as I have been focused on my vintage autographs. But here are two new signed rookies that I just picked up. The Doug Gilmour was signed at the Toronto Expo in November and the Bossy was an eBay pick up.

Happy Holidays to all!

Thanks
    Sean

The Broderick Collection
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    Nice pick ups Sean !!
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    Hello Sean!

Glad this tread is back. Love the Bossy. Where you at the show on the Saturday for the Gilmour? I was there on Sunday and met Bourque and Stastny. Had them both sign pucks for my Man-den.

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options
    I forgot this one. I guess I can add it here as it is his signed rookie. I picked this up a couple of months ago. It was glued in a book at one point and not taken out well. I hope to have a nice card designed around it with keeping the card intact, at least as much as it currently is.

Jack Laviolette

Thanks
    Sean

The Broderick Collection
  • Options

<< <i>Hello Sean!

Glad this tread is back. Love the Bossy. Where you at the show on the Saturday for the Gilmour? I was there on Sunday and met Bourque and Stastny. Had them both sign pucks for my Man-den.

mathew >>

I wish I had made it up there but did not. I had a friend get it signed for me. I hope to make it up there at some point for the Expo. I want to make it a week long trip to visit the show and then do some research at the HOF. Wish I could have gone to meet Bourque and get another rookie signed.

Thanks
    Sean

The Broderick Collection
  • Options
    Very nice additions Sean ... keep it up.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭
    Love the Laviolette card.. A couple guys I would have thought would be easy is
    Kevin Lowe and Larry Murphy? 2 of my favorites and would love to know if you have had any success
    through the mail with them?
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    The Gilmour is nice I got my 1984 OPC signed c/o kingston frontenacs. The Jack Laviolette is amazing, it must have cost a few bucks. He has been dead since 1960. jackstraw, Larry Murphy signed years ago, I haven't seen successes with him. Kevin Lowe is worth a shot c/o Oilers where he is the team president.
  • Options
    It's been a while since I last updated this thread, so I thought I would throw up some new additions to my collection now that hockey season is over. Congrats to the Kings. I am a Devil fan and was hoping for another Cup for Brodeur, but the Kings deserved the Cup.

Thanks
    Sean

The Broderick Collection
  • Options
    Hello Sean,

Glad to see this thread back at the top. Some beautiful cards you have added. I love the way the Shanahan rookie is signed in the black with a silver sharpie.

Great stuff!

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options
    Any hockey auto experts on here that would love to give a new collector advice on signed hockey material? I have around 10,000 signed hockey cards with about 1000 give or take deceased and HOFers, future HOfers. I was looking to sell the lot as a whole, but may keep some pieces and break down the rest. I would love some advice.

Jason
    dduncanvintage@aol.com
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Any hockey auto experts on here that would love to give a new collector advice on signed hockey material? I have around 10,000 signed hockey cards with about 1000 give or take deceased and HOFers, future HOfers. I was looking to sell the lot as a whole, but may keep some pieces and break down the rest. I would love some advice.

Jason
    dduncanvintage@aol.com >>

Jason, I'm emailing you. What era are your cards in? I'm trying to complete 69, 70 and 71 Topps hockey. I'm really close on 71. PM me if you see this before my email.
  • Options
    How do I send a PM on here? I have everything from mostly 1968 and newer. The obvious expensive HOFers left for PSA DNA. I can get lists of what I have left here. I have many guys like Gilles, Clarke, Mikita, Hull, etc....I should type a master of what I pulled so far for PSA DNA. I am still going through commons trying to find the tough signers etc. I have gone through about 1500 so far and found about 400 that should be $10-15 range retail. Most everything pulled for PSA DNA I am finding at $25 each and up, but could use some advice on you seasoned hockey guys.

Jason
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
    I can help you out. I emailed you. Fire me an email and I can tell you who is deceased and what year.