Home Sports Talk
Options

The Philadelphia Eagles official Super Bowl XLV thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    The Phils will be favored to win it all.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soon to be renamed "The Philadelphia Eagles official Super Bowl XLVI thread"
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tough loss for Eagles Fans but gratz on a great year either way.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Hi Paul!!

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,275 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Soon to be renamed "The Philadelphia Eagles official Super Bowl XLVI thread" >>

There's always hope, right? image
  • Options

<< <i>Tough loss for Eagles Fans but gratz on a great year either way. >>

Thanks Paul, considering the predictions before the season began, when all is said and done it was an exciting season...Eagles just ran out of gas at the end. They have a young team, and frankly, Vick it seems ran out of gas as well, as it was his first full season back in a number of years - At the very least he was playing injured.

Eagles will be back next season, and stronger...no doubt about it.
  • Options

<< <i>Congrats to the Packers and their good fans.

Don't take it too hard, Steve...only a couple of months till pitchers & catchers..image >>

As depressed as I am over this loss, if it wasn't for what you mentioned, I'd really be depressed. image
  • Options
    Just curious as to what Eagles fans think is going to happen at the QB position during the offseason.
    I heard on SportsCenter last night that Kolb wants out if he's not going to be the starter...
  • Options

<< <i>Just curious as to what Eagles fans think is going to happen at the QB position during the offseason.
    I heard on SportsCenter last night that Kolb wants out if he's not going to be the starter... >>

Some experts think that Vick will get the dreaded "franchise" tag in the offseason, rather than either releasing him or signing him to a long-term contract. This would give the Eagles one more season to look at him.

Based on all the unknowns that happened with the Eagles in the past 18 months (Vick signs, McNabb starts, McNabb benched and Kolb starts, then McNabb starts again, then McNabb is traded, then Kolb is named the starter, then Vick becomes the starter) there's no way that I'm going to personally predict anything. Instead, I will defer to what the John Clayton-types have predicted above.

Personally, as an Eagles fan, I hope they jettison the thug ASAP and then the once-proud Eagles can begin rebuilding their reputation from there. That's going to take a while after all this.