Home Metal Detecting
Options

Going to Bolivia in December, first timer...

I've never owned or operated a metal detector before. Any suggestions on which manufacturer and model might suit my needs. I'll be in Potosi (site of the Mint and the El Cerro Rico ((The Rich Mountain)) where approximately 6% of the world's silver originated from). All comments are appreciated. BTW, my $ allotment is $300-$500.

Thanks again,
Gary

PS. I just checked out Kellyco online. Can anyone tell me an info about the Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 or the Hybrid Cobra Beach/Land ?
Lurker since '02. Got the seven year itch!

Gary

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot tell you about those MD's. However, if you go to www.metaldetectingforum.com you can ask those questions and there are fellow users there. Sounds like a great trip... good luck, Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy hunting when you get there. I dont know what to tell ya on what to buy though. please keep us posted on your finds as well image
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies. I ended up buying the Garrett Ace350.

Gary
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck, will you be doing beaches, dirt or prospecting?? Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    During my trip to Bolivia, mostly land although there might be a few rivers. Once back home, probably the beaches. If I stick with this (and I hope to), I might spring for the new Pro AT and give the 350 to my wife. She likes that idea.

Gary