Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Bought my First Coin for a New Series I want to collect

Well I have been holding back for years about collecting these Beautiful Coins only because
I was burned early on many years ago when I first started to collect them. That is neither
here nor there now because I can't hold back any longer so I bayed my First one today. It maybe
a small acorn in this series but like they say, " Mighty oaks from little acorns grow "

imageimage

imageimage

Comments

• Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

...congrats, very nice coin. looks like you have yourself some interesting die cracks too. image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck with your new series.
    Should keep you busy for a few weeks. image

I wish this '85 PCGS63 of mine had cool die cracks like yours.
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "You should make your collecting theme "the clean cheek collection" and focus on getting high eye appeal on the portrait coins.

all Morgan dollars re NOT created equal in the grade.
  • Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck on your new journey!
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wtg on the nice pick up. enjoy the journey image
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    everyone starts somewhere. I remember when I gave up statehood proofs to do jeffersons

woot best day of my life. I will be real soon though turning the SDB over to Heritage. I am tired and
    just do not have the time to put in anymore. Besides poor Bob Marino has been haunting me for years.

time for another change

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope you are young or rich! It took me over 50 years to complete the set (all raw) but
    I was the former not the latter! I never pursued the 1895 as I never considered that to
    be part of the complete set. Good luck with this huge endeavor!

Oh, a nice '86 too! Are you going to do a MS63 set?

bob
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kool addition... You can also try adding some VAM's in the future. image
  • Options
    PreussenPreussen Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭
    Congrats! I have always been attracted to Morgans, and I have a few myself. -Preussen
    "Illegitimis non carborundum" -General Joseph Stilwell. See my auctions
  • Options
    DeloreanDelorean Posts: 470 ✭✭✭
    Sweet Morgan! I think you'll enjoy collecting them...I know I do!
    Chuck,

Ever Onward
  • Options
    .this is great news Tiny ,, now that your into Morgans- and have lost interest in Franklins ; ship me the '58-D without delay
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    Cool, Tiny! Morgans were my speciality for years & years. I throughly enjoyed them. Still have gobs of them but I've been gradually selling them off over the years after I completed my sets to buy 97 crap.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have a blast! There is a reason it is the #1 (or whatever) collected set of all time. So much history (check it out) . . . so much lore . . . so much fun.

Drunner
  • Options
    Aw Man, You mean this ole thing

NO Paul Well not yet image lol
  • Options
    Finally after 45 + years I need one coin to finish a raw set of Walkers. I wish you a pleasant journey.

Enjoy the ride.
    Ron
    Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A great coin and the series will engross you for years to come. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Congrats and Durn more competition, imageimage

COINHUNTER

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file