Home Precious Metals
Options

When will you buy silver again?

What # do you need to buy heavily again?

Comments

• Options
    mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    If I said $16, would people throw rocks at me?
  • Options
    $9.00 is when I go for broke!
    Many successful BST transactions ajia
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
    mariner67, and Mikes coins
  • Options
    this morning from a forum member image

Herb
    Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    At $19 I'd be happy to pick up some silver!
  • Options
    KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭
    When the pucks are released. If it drops to $20.00 I will be adding more.
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>When the pucks are released. If it drops to $20.00 I will be adding more. >>

When the pucks are released, regardless of price. I'm committed to 50 oz.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm always buying, always looking for collections to pick up. Buying, selling, buying, selling.

As far as hobbies go, I don't mind a loss at all with some of my coins ventures... For comparison:
    My dad asked me to shoot with him in a cowboy action pistol match two weeks ago.

Entry fee: $45
    Ammo: $175+
    Gasoline: $25

And I borrowed his guns, gun cart, leather belts, holsters, hat, clothes, and more. Some great times and memories, but zero on the financial benefit.

Golf, fishing, cars, other hobbies are far more expensive.
  • Options
    I just bought 30 oz. Ag and 0.5 oz. Au.; if the right deal comes along I am buying.
  • Options
    CiccioCiccio Posts: 1,405

<< <i>I'm always buying, always looking for collections to pick up. Buying, selling, buying, selling.

As far as hobbies go, I don't mind a loss at all with some of my coins ventures... For comparison:
    My dad asked me to shoot with him in a cowboy action pistol match two weeks ago.

Entry fee: $45
    Ammo: $175+
    Gasoline: $25

And I borrowed his guns, gun cart, leather belts, holsters, hat, clothes, and more. Some great times and memories, but zero on the financial benefit.

Golf, fishing, cars, other hobbies are far more expensive. >>

I agree with you. In fact I bought some 2011 Canadian Wolf this week because I wanted for my collection, pairing the 1/2 ozers.
    Though, if we speak of investment, I don't feel it's the right time to buy silver.
    I am still confident in buying gold (for me it's more a collection than an investment) but silver swings to much up and down and I am pretty sure we will see it under $20 in few months.
  • Options
    coin22lovercoin22lover Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭
    I mean no offense to anyone, but my personal opinion is that you'd be a sucker to buy right now.
  • Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 751 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the pucks are released, regardless of price. I'm committed to 50 oz.

I'm planning on buying some pucks, maybe not heavily though.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    I just got 2 ASE's earlier today. image
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    MesquiteMesquite Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭
    My question is this. If silver is going to $50/oz in the next few years (a conservative estimate) then what is the difference (really) between buying in at $25/oz now or at $20/oz maybe sometime down the road? You would pass up a 100% gain on the hopes of not missing out on a 125% gain? Buy when you can but keep some of your powder dry.
    There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
    –John Adams, 1826
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 2,880

<< <i>I mean no offense to anyone, but my personal opinion is that you'd be a sucker to buy right now. >>

No offense taken brother. I've been sucking up silver and gold bullion for about twenty years now. I remember once buying ASEs for $7.00 ea. I was so mad at myself going out the door, thinking what a sucker I am for paying such a price, that I swore I'd never buy another until prices went down. I'm glad that I didn't stick to that thought.

I don't think the problem with pm's is knowing when to buy, it's knowing when to sell.
    Every man is a self made man.
  • Options
    ksammutksammut Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭
    Around 5:00 PM today like I do every Friday.

Silver we be much higher over the years to come. Dollar cost averaging has worked well for me.
    American Numismatic Association Governor 2023 to 2025 - My posts reflect my own thoughts and are not those of the ANA.

My Numismatics with Kenny eBay Store Over 6000 listings and growing with more than 39,000 items sold

My Numismatics with Kenny Twitter Page

Instagram - numismatistkenny

My Numismatics with Kenny Blog Page Best viewed on a laptop or monitor.

ANA Life Member & Volunteer District Representative

2019 ANA Young Numismatist of the Year

Doing my best to introduce Young Numismatists and Young Adults into the hobby.