Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Nice set of silver bars. Would make a nice gift. Also silver Christmas rounds and Morgan/Peace dol

Added 11-22..

Have a set of (6) 20 gram silver ingots from "The Silver Mint". It is the same as in this Ebay auction, of which I have no affiliation, just "stealing" their pictures.image Current bid on the set is $130--probably sells for much more at close tonight. I will offer my set for $120 which includes shipping.

Ebay auction for similar set.

Also have 40 or so silver Christmas rounds. Will sell at $27 + $1.25 shipping, or buy them all and I'll pay for shipping. SOLD to local B&M.

And have 50 mixed Morgan/Peace dollars (mostly Peace) for $1050 shipped. HOLD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JPM 5oz silver bar. $140 shipped.

Johnson Matthey 10z silver bar. $280 shipped

Engelhard 1 oz round and 1990 ASE $58 shipped

$475 shipped for the lot. SOLD!!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

Comments

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went 9 for 22 on the steelhead. Fish were really fiesty. Tough to get to the net. Did land a 13 pounder and we doubled on a 10 and 11. Great day with Catch the drift charters

• Options
    Just think of it as really nice 90%image

• Options
    dcgolferdcgolfer Posts: 253 ✭✭
    PM Sent
  • Options
    Pics added

• Options
    ASE's will be sold at coin club meeting tonight if no interest here.

• Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    pm sent
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    I would be careful doing business with this guy. I offered full price of what he was asking for the ASE's, $1225 and just because someone sent him the money quicker than I did, he accepted that offer. I mean we're talking in a matter of 10 minutes, his exact words, "had a run of offers in the last 10 minutes." What if I had dropped a check in them mail within those 10 minutes...and then less than 10 minutes later he tells me it's sold to someone else because they paid 10 minutes faster than I did?
    I have a problem with the way this person does business based on what just happened.
  • Options
    dohdoh Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I would be careful doing business with this guy. I offered full price of what he was asking for the ASE's, $1225 and just because someone sent him the money quicker than I did, he accepted that offer. I mean we're talking in a matter of 10 minutes, his exact words, "had a run of offers in the last 10 minutes." What if I had dropped a check in them mail within those 10 minutes...and then less than 10 minutes later he tells me it's sold to someone else because they paid 10 minutes faster than I did? >>

Just because you said you'd take the set at his asking price doesn't mean someone else didn't say the same thing 10 minutes before you. And why would you "drop a check in the mail" before getting confirmation from the seller?
    Positive BST transactions with: too many names to list! 36 at last count.
  • Options
    It's not up for dbate, I know what happened, no one else besides the seller does. This guy screwed me out of a set after confirming my offer to him to buy, end of story.
  • Options
    Did Buyer say " I want Them" at your price?
    Did Seller say " Sold " to you?

Regards, Larryimage
  • Options
    dohdoh Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It's not up for dbate, I know what happened, no one else besides the seller does. This guy screwed me out of a set after confirming my offer to him to buy, end of story. >>

It's very poor form to criticize a well respected seller...especially when you don't seem to have any real proof. At least no proof you're willing to share.
    Positive BST transactions with: too many names to list! 36 at last count.
  • Options
    all the proof i need is in the PM's, which unfortunately, if I post them then this thread goes away. I did say, "I want it", twice in fact, only to have it sold out from underneath me after the seller confirmed the price and the quality of the Lot since ther was no pic provided for the SAE's. The exact words were "First person to send $$$ got it". Notice he said got it and not "gets" it. I wasnt made aware that first person to pay gets it or that there was anyone else even inquiring about the Lot. If I had been made aware after the seller confirming everything, which took 3 PM's because he wouldnt answer my specific questions about the coins, I wouldve acted instantly. But I was not made aware of something like...Hey Rich, you better act fast because Ive got other offers. I was told after the fact.
    Thats poor business practice in my book.
  • Options
    me thinks someone needs to 'fess-up and admit whose alt they really are.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've dealt with Dave (Cohodk) more than a few times and have found him honest and great to work with.
    I would definitely take dealing with someone like Dave over someone else who seems to sit in more than a few BST controversies....

I am sure Dave doesn't need references as a seller, but if he does, I'm on the list as someone who would do business with him again, and be a reference for him.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    MetalsmanMetalsman Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭
    I dont know about this deal. However I've had PLENTY of FISHERMEN lately.. MY opinion is as well as my rule on my sales and purchases. If I have something listed its not sold to you until paid for. That said if someone else pays before you, you are out. Pleanty of buyers saying they want things on the BST lately to back out or not resond at all. JMHO.
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I dont know about this deal. However I've had PLENTY of FISHERMEN lately.. MY opinion is as well as my rule on my sales and purchases. If I have something listed its not sold to you until paid for. That said if someone else pays before you, you are out. Pleanty of buyers saying they want things on the BST lately to back out or not resond at all. JMHO. >>

Just happened to me this last week. No payimage was only for $26.00.
  • Options
    When people start saying how many transactions they've done and break their arm patting themself on the back, thats a red flag and shows that they think they can throw their weight around because of "how long theyve been here" and so on and so forth. As buyer, I dont care about how many transactions you've done and what the outcome of what they all were. All I care about is the one(s) i'm doing with you.
    Sure crediblity goes a long way and bashing someone unjustly usually turns out to be all hear-say bs, but I know what happened here on this deal, and it was not right of the seller to sell me out the way he did.
    I'll put it to bed and chalk it up to experience and from now on will be sure to ask if I am the only person the seller is currently dealing with to avoid be sold out again.
  • Options
    So much drama.image

• Options

Yowzer, I know I'd be upset also. If I had a confirmation PM , I'd expect to be given more than 12 minutes to send the bucks.
  • Options
    cohodk as a seller has integrity above reproach in my book nuff said---Tom
    Support your local gunslinger, you never know when you'll need him
  • Options
    jhdflajhdfla Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So much drama.image >>

On these boards? Couldn't be, say it ain't so... image
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would do a deal with Dave seven days a week and twice on Sunday. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    jfoot13jfoot13 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I would do a deal with Dave seven days a week and twice on Sunday. MJ >>

I've completed many deals with Dave they have all been pleasant, professional and he has always been good to his word.
    If you can't swim you better stay in the boat.......
  • Options
    Added a sweet gem of a washie. Gotta be at least a 67* at NGC and solid 67 at PCGS. Maybe 68?

• Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice Washie Dave. Oh BTW, I'm adding p.o.m. to my ignore list.image

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    My wife complains about the seemingly endless cloud cover during November, but not this year. Another fabulous Indian summer day. But im praying for a tracking snow.image
    )

• Options
    Still no snow.image

• Options
    Added a barber dime to the group.

• Options
    Went fishing yesterday. 10 for 17 on browns, rainbows, steelhead.

• Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    pm sentimage
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much for the fish? MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......