Home Metal Detecting

who makes the simplest to use metal detector?

I used have one many years ago, but it took so long to set up and calibrate.
I never really knew if it was working correctly.

I have seen some that will display the coin denomination, but don't know much about them.

Thanks

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most are simple if you use the canned programs. Complexity enters into it when making your own program or adjusting existing ones. However, the Ace 250 is as 'turn on and go' as one can get. Very simple and a good detector by all reports. Cheers, RickO
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah... no MD can tell you consistently what is in the ground. Much depends on position, soil conditions, depth, proximity to other metallic debris etc. HH Cheers, RickO
  • Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭
    I have a garrett ace 250 and a gtax 550. Both are good machines and have easy to use programs. It just depends on how much you want to spend, and what you are searching for.
    Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,